What's new

A pair of 1917s

Fropa

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2007
Messages
511
Reaction score
29
Golden Thread
0
Location
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Finally went through the $500 bag of dimes we picked up on Thursday. I'm really happy with the results. My wife had pulled all but 1 of the silvers (as usual). We were almost done with the bag and she pulls a very worn 1917-S Merc. Then on my next to last handful I pulled a 1917 Canadian. The final results were 1x1917-S, 1x1939-D, 1x1952-D, 1x1956-D, 1x1959-D, 1x1963-D, 2x1964, 1x1964-D, 1x1917 Canadian, and 5 other Canadians.

16APR09_Dime_Bag.jpg

16APR09_Dime_Bag_1917_REV.jpg


The 2 1917s are pretty worn but the dates are readable.
 
Upvote 0
Is that '68 Canadian silver? I'm pretty sure some from that year were 50%. Nice finds with those mercs! :thumbsup:
 
Awesome finds :thumbsup: :thumbsup: congrats on the oldies. very nice the 68 canadian could be 50% silver i use a magnet to check mine if it sticks its not. well best of luck and HH
 
Thanks everybody. Thanks for the heads-up on the '68. It did stick to a magnet so I guess not silver, but I wouldn't have even check without the info. It was interesting finding a U.S. and Canadian that old of the same year in the same bag. I wonder if someone born in 1917 had saved them and they finally got cashed in after they passed away.
 
Cool 1917 Canadian. :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom