A penny kind of day. Indians and Wheats

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been pretty busy with work around the house and helping a friend make hay, but I was able to get in a couple hour hunt at an old friends house that had been detected before. I didn't expect much but did find 6 Wheat pennies and 3 Indian Head pennies, 1901, 1898, and 1897. The Indians cleaned up nicely. Thanks for looking and good luck out there. IMG_0001.JPGIMG_0002.JPGIMG_0003.JPGIMG_0004.JPGIMG_0006.JPGIMG_0007.JPGIMG_0009.JPG

Upvote 24
My goodness, those coins cleaned up beautifully! The IHP's are simply stunning! Well done!

Nice finds , love finding the Indians. Mine are normally farm field finds so not as good as yours.

Nice finds , love finding the Indians. Mine are normally farm field finds so not as good as yours.

They came from a small yard and I was surprised how well they cleaned up.

Congrats on pulling such nice cents! Looks like a great spot to hit further. :skullflag: :occasion14:

The condition on those is about as good as it gets; nice and smooth and green. Indian Head cents like these are such handsome coins.

Those IHP’s sure are in nice condition. Nice work. Congrats

Nice hunt!! I love finding the old US cents

Nice job on the IH cents! :occasion14:

I don’t think I’ve ever found 3 IHPs in a single day. Hard to to with the lack of old history around these parts. Nicely done!!

Nice bunch of Injuns there! Congrats!:occasion14:

That's one great day in the field, Congrats!

I do love a good green Indian! That patina is awesome. Nice finds.

Awesome, beautiful tribe & wheats, nice cleaning, the soil was really kind to them also, how are you cleaning them and keeping that nice patina, I only dry clean mine because I've spoiled a couple experimenting. Congratulations on the saves & HH

Awesome, beautiful tribe & wheats, nice cleaning, the soil was really kind to them also, how are you cleaning them and keeping that nice patina, I only dry clean mine because I've spoiled a couple experimenting. Congratulations on the saves & HH

I usually use a toothpick to get most of the mud and gunk off. Then a light rinse with soap and water. Then finish up with Andre's pencils to remove any other dirt left behind. Slow and careful is the way I go.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back