What's new

A pile of clad and trinkets today

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2006
Messages
6,338
Reaction score
28
Golden Thread
0
Location
Michigan
Hello all. I got out and hit some schoolyards this morning warming up for next weekend's "Contest Hunt".

Unfortunately, I had a bad sinus headache and because of that I cut my hunt short after 3 1/2 hours hunt time hunting only two schools. I was home by 10am and rested and napped most of the day.

No keepers today but I did find a pouchful of nice stuff including a lot of coins. I had fun and it was a nice adventure hitting two schools that I never hunted.

The only thing of interest I can tell you about that happened was when I found the nice gold plated heart ring. It was next to a tree in the woodchips and I got the signal, plunged my bayonette into the chips and splayed open the chip hole, didn't see anything so I re-scanned the hole...nothing?? Then I noticed my knife, when I plunged into the chips I went right through the ring band , so my knife blade ended up wearing the ring! I guess I missed the pinpoint a bit huh...lol. At first I thought the ring was a goldie, but it's just a nice 18kt plated version. Pretty cool anyway.

So here's the totals. 3 1/2 hours hunting at two schools, $9.77 value and 153 coins. A ton of trinket jewelry inluding three rings, a gold bi-plane pendant, and two evil face dude pendant thingies. I still had a good time out there (except the headache)

Here's a few photos, thanks for reading and HH and good luck to you all!

Smiles!
BDoo
 

Attachments

  • June 16 T.webp
    June 16 T.webp
    72.2 KB · Views: 699
  • June 16 F.webp
    June 16 F.webp
    36.9 KB · Views: 688
  • Jewelry.webp
    Jewelry.webp
    48.2 KB · Views: 638
Upvote 0
Bdoo,
Who needs a pinpointer when you can just spear the gold? ;D I would have loved to be there for that one. Congrats on all your finds. If you scored that many coins in that short of a time, I better go increase my guess on your contest! ;D
Great post.
Thanks,
MM
 
I dug 122 last Monday Bdoo....I'm sure you have more than a headache.Hope you're feeling better soon.Great dig's....HH!!
 
Hey BDoo, nice little take there..that's a long time hunting, especially when you're not feeling well.

I did something similar to what you did today many times with my srewdriver..I'm digging for awhile and re-check the hole..nothing there..then sometimes an entire minute or so later I look over and I've got a pull tab on the shaft of the screwdriver :D It's happened more than once..if only I could do that when I'm playing horseshoes..

Hope you're feeling better, those sinus headaches can be miserable..

Take care

Nat
 
Wow! That's alot of diggin'. You must not have gotten off your knees. Way to go, maybe you'll have enough to fly over here to Hawaii and water hunt with me this summer ;D
 
I see you are adding to your hoard. Good stuff.

Guess what Bdoo? I found a silver ring today. ;D I think that makes my second for the year! Oh yeah, catching up! :D ::) :D How many silver rings do you have for the year - aprox? Forget gold - not much hope for me in that department.

My wheat count for the year has to be at least 400. Also getting close to 50 silver for the year which has surpassed my goal.

Bob
 
That's a lot of clad for only 3 1/2 hours...and only two schools. I think I'd have to hit 15 or 20 to get that much clad. LOL Good hunt.
 
ModernMiner said:
Bdoo,
Who needs a pinpointer when you can just spear the gold? ;D I would have loved to be there for that one. Congrats on all your finds. If you scored that many coins in that short of a time, I better go increase my guess on your contest! ;D
Great post.
Thanks,
MM

It was a bit funny but if it were a good coin, that wouldn't have been so funny huh. ;D
Thanks for the read and comment MM. This particular school was nicely loaded with targets.

SMiles!
BDoo
 
BlueShadow said:
Only 3 1/2 Hours? ONLY? Your incredible! For once in my life I am speechless, only 3 1/2 hrs grumble grumble 153 coins mumble mumble, only?
I need a Vicodin ;)
Good work lad
HH
Blue

lol... you be funny Blue, thanks for the smiles my friend. It was easy pickins on this day. Only the headache slowed me down. Cheers!

Smiles!
BDoo
 
civilman1 said:
I dug 122 last Monday Bdoo....I'm sure you have more than a headache.Hope you're feeling better soon.Great dig's....HH!!

Thanks for nice thoughts CM, appreciate it buddy!

Smiles!
BDoo
 
Natman said:
Hey BDoo, nice little take there..that's a long time hunting, especially when you're not feeling well.

I did something similar to what you did today many times with my srewdriver..I'm digging for awhile and re-check the hole..nothing there..then sometimes an entire minute or so later I look over and I've got a pull tab on the shaft of the screwdriver :D It's happened more than once..if only I could do that when I'm playing horseshoes..

Hope you're feeling better, those sinus headaches can be miserable..

Take care

Nat

Thanks Nat

I have speared big pieces of foil and through the ring of pull tabs before but never right through a ring like this. Good luck out there too buddy.

Smiles!
BDoo
 
finderzzs said:
Wow! That's alot of diggin'. You must not have gotten off your knees. Way to go, maybe you'll have enough to fly over here to Hawaii and water hunt with me this summer ;D

Actually, when I am in the chips, I rarely go to my knees. I just bend over and squat a bit keeping the detector in my right hand, and dig with my knife with my left hand. When I see the item I dug, I also grab it with my left hand, still holding the knife in my left hand also, then I stand up and deposit the find in my pouch while filling in the hole with my foot, then stepping on it. Doing all these little things help me to be more efficiant and search more area each day out there. I am so used to my old trusty Garrett, that I can pointpoint a find in seconds and by the tone of the signal, usually have a good idea of what it is and how deep, thus, flipping the items out of the hole even quicker the majority of the time. I would say 80% of the time the item si found without a second sweep of the detector...more time savings.

On the other hand, after a busy day of searching and getting a lot of targets, the old body definitely gets sore. At the beginning of the year especially, now I have built up the MD'ing muscles a bit so it isn't so bad. About 4 hours of searching is all I can doo most days.

Thanks for the friendly comment and best of luck to you!

Smiles!
BDoo
 
Holy crap Boo!!! Thats a haul.
Excellent pile of booty.....
You motivate me to hunt with finds like that....

Keep safe and keep diggin'...
 
even though you had a headaches Bdoo you did great ! nice pile of clad and trinkets congrats ;)
 
WOW! :o

Considering your past few outings, I have made a critical error in my contest submittal calculation.

I should have multiplied my guestimate by a factor of 2.5x

Oh! well... You're warmups are exceptional....


HH from M2
 
I am able to hunt also without going down on a knee, it speeds up the hole process and allows you to move on quickly, glad you pointed that out. Very nice hunt! :)
 
Mirage said:
I see you are adding to your hoard. Good stuff.

Guess what Bdoo? I found a silver ring today. ;D I think that makes my second for the year! Oh yeah, catching up! :D ::) :D How many silver rings do you have for the year - aprox? Forget gold - not much hope for me in that department.

My wheat count for the year has to be at least 400. Also getting close to 50 silver for the year which has surpassed my goal.

Bob

Thanks Bob

10 silver rings so far this year, 11 gold and 36 junk/trinket ones.
I am glad you found that nice vintage ring, it is nice!!

I think I found 15 wheats and 7 or 8 silver coins so far so you have blown away on that. ;D

Great to see you here buddy. Keep the great finds coming!

Smiles!
BDoo
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom