What's new

🔎 UNIDENTIFIED A plate from an old field planter for corn or beans?

Blackfoot58

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2023
Messages
6,193
Reaction score
15,832
Golden Thread
0
Location
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I’m guessing this helped to index the seeds in a field planter: one kernel between each each tooth, then dropped through a tube. However, I’ve been wrong A LOT of times.
Sorry!! I found an answer before finishing the post. One side says (IH logo) 1805AA and also “Clean Grease Each Season”. I discover it is a Corn planter seed hopper variable drop drive gear. Selling for $35. The only issue is as follows: mine is an 1805AA and the one on-line was an 1805 AB.
Can anyone find the difference? Thanks for looking.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1594.webp
    IMG_1594.webp
    216.4 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_1593.webp
    IMG_1593.webp
    243.5 KB · Views: 62
That be my assumption, it being a part to a planter.
 
Upvote 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom