a police-free day at the park

oknorom

Sep 17, 2004
Texas
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
hi everyone,

i went hunting with jayson (staydetuned) today. we hit a few parks and both did well. we hit a couple of parks we haven't been to before. they only produced wheats. then we moved on to the park from which we were kicked out of a couple of weeks ago. jay and i did a drive-by-look-see and it looked like the coast was clear. we didn't see any maintenence workers anywhere. we parked, got our gear together and walked into the park. immediately i looked up and saw the same woman who called the police on us last time driving by in her little vehicle. i acted like i didn't see her and pretended that i was enjoying the view of the lake in front of me. no doubt she saw me. jay said she looked right at him as she drove by. but after she passed us, she never came back. and no cops showed up either. so we hunted freely until sunset, and both dug up some keepers.

my take for the day:

1 '60 rosie
1 '28 merc
1 '51 washington
1 '06 indian head
26 wheats
3 silver rings

had a blast. good hunt, jay. until next time...

HH everyone!

Mike

Attachments

• hbeck.JPG
    hbeck.JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 481
Upvote 0

rabajohn

Aug 10, 2005
Woodlawn, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 & ole Tesoro Silver Sabre
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your nerd photo reminds me of "Sweetchuck" (of Police Academy movies fame). Please tell me you do not go detecting in this outfit. ;D

OP
OP
oknorom

oknorom

Sep 17, 2004
Texas
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
rabajohn- i only wear this detecting on special occasions. BTW, i lived in marshall texas in the 80's for four years. i lived at 512 east austin street in an old victorian home built in 1901. i didn't detect back then, but i bet there a ton of great things to be found around that town. what are some of your better finds from marshall??

treasurehunter505- my fly IS in fact open. i tried to zip it up, but my girlfriend said that it's better down. um, i mean she thought it made the costume more nerdy. :D

Slabman

Jan 13, 2007
Detector(s) used
XLT, Quattro, X-Terra, Sovreign, Whites Goldmaster
treasurehunter505 said:
your fly is open.

Duh... he's a nerd. Now he has to put some white tape in the middle of his
glasses, and get a nice pocket protector for pens. :D :D

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2006
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
oknorom said:
hi everyone,

i went hunting with jayson (staydetuned) today. we hit a few parks and both did well. we hit a couple of parks we haven't been to before. they only produced wheats. then we moved on to the park from which we were kicked out of a couple of weeks ago. jay and i did a drive-by-look-see and it looked like the coast was clear. we didn't see any maintenence workers anywhere. we parked, got our gear together and walked into the park. immediately i looked up and saw the same woman who called the police on us last time driving by in her little vehicle. i acted like i didn't see her and pretended that i was enjoying the view of the lake in front of me. no doubt she saw me. jay said she looked right at him as she drove by. but after she passed us, she never came back. and no cops showed up either. so we hunted freely until sunset, and both dug up some keepers.

my take for the day:

1 '60 rosie
1 '28 merc
1 '51 washington
1 '06 indian head
26 wheats
3 silver rings

had a blast. good hunt, jay. until next time...

HH everyone!

Mike

Someone called the cops on you before because you were detecting? SERIOUSLY?!! Is it illegal there? WEIRD!!

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2006
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
I just found the other post you did regarding getting kicked out by the police. THAT'S BULL$H!T DUDE!!!

You guys were cool about it ~ I probably would have been taken away in hand cuffs ~ I wouldn't have left quietly!

DJ_Quinn

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2005
Southeastern Ireland
Haha! Great costume. I don't know why some people seem to make it their business to interfere with someone else simply enjoying a harmless hobby. Sounds like she has the nosey neighbor syndrome. Just be glad she doesn't live next door to you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread