What's new

I Guess I've Lost My Mind!

oldmxrat

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2020
Messages
10,910
Reaction score
47,595
Golden Thread
1
Location
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A bone head move today!
I was all excited to go up to the lake to detect. Threw all my gear into the car and drove to the far end of the lake (1 1/2 hour drive with road construction), got a great parking spot , put on my wetsuit, grabbed my detector and....scoop? Oh no, I left the scoop hanging in the garage! :BangHead:

I tried to make the best of the situation and hunted a little terra firma in a spot where there was an old mill by the lake.
The only old coins were a couple of wheats.
IMG_1587.webp
IMG_1588.webp
IMG_1589.webp


Oh well, I'll try the lake again tomorrow.
 
Upvote 24
A bone head move today!
I was all excited to go up to the lake to detect. Threw all my gear into the car and drove to the far end of the lake (1 1/2 hour drive with road construction), got a great parking spot , put on my wetsuit, grabbed my detector and....scoop? Oh no, I left the scoop hanging in the garage! :BangHead:

I tried to make the best of the situation and hunted a little terra firma in a spot where there was an old mill by the lake.
The only old coins were a couple of wheats.
View attachment 2257679View attachment 2257680View attachment 2257681

Oh well, I'll try the lake again tomorrow.
I've been on outings when I dragged enough gear to start my own detector store and didn't do as well as you did.
 
Been there, done that! Looks like you made the best of it though! :icon_thumright:
 
I think we've all done something like that MX. I once went detecting, and walked a mile to my spot only to realize that I left my shovel in the truck. A mile back to the truck and a mile back to my spot. I had 3 miles of waking in before I even turned my detector on !
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom