What's new

A question about how the mind works

At 66 I call it the attic of my mind. People our age don't have USB sticks or CDs, we work from boxes of old records stored in the attic of our minds. The newest thing I have is an old floppy:hello: You must have rattled the boxes when hiking and tipped one over. Now you'll be remembering all sorts of things. Hope they're all good memories:icon_thumright:
 
I used to work with a guy that sang commercials, the sillier the better. It would have annoyed me more, but it was done as an ironic sort of way.

The brain can store more memories than it can easily retrieve.

A lot goes on in your "subconscious" that you're not aware of.

Sleep processes your daily memories for later retrieval.
 
That's funny Griz. But there's a song I can't even think about anymore .. Because every time I start humming it my eyes swell my nose starts bleeding I remember a tooth I had and my kidneys hurt.


Back in 68 the Beatles released Hey Jude. Was sitting in a bar in Japan and decided to play it 54 times on the juke box. Well after about 30 times and blocking the front of the box. I guess no one else wanted to hear my singing:laughing7: They proceeded to... Well you can guess.

oh Cr ap I just got blood on my key board (Sniffle) :laughing7:
 
Back in 68 the Beatles released Hey Jude. Was sitting in a bar in Japan and decided to play it 54 times on the juke box. Well after about 30 times and blocking the front of the box. I guess no one else wanted to hear my singing:laughing7: They proceeded to... Well you can guess. :laughing7:

Yeah, well, 68 was a just a bit over the top. I am amazed you got to 30! Must not have been a Navy bar!
 
Well, you think in pictures, not words, so maybe it was something you saw while detecting that connected to the old commercial.

Frank

111-1 profile.webp
 
What you say Frank is so true,the secret power of words through pictures in the mind. GodBless Chris
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom