A question & intro

Copperhead

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2007
The Constituition State
Detector(s) used
Ace250
A question & intro

Hey all, I'm new to this site and new to crh. I found this site Monday and went down to my bank, asked for 50 cent rolls, bought a $100 worth, found 25 40%'s and cashed them in for a nice profit... all within the span of about 2 hours. Thinking I'm in heaven, I head out again and hit about 10 banks in the area and can't buy a single roll! Came back home and back to earth and began reading about the reality of crh. Now I'm not giving up, but have a question. Some banks I went to, when I asked the teller if they had any halves just said no, didn't ask anyone, didn't rummage around in their desk. And sure as hell didn't get up off their butt to check in the vault. Is there a certain way I should ask for halves to get more of an effort out of the teller? Thanks. And yes I'm addicted.....

Upvote 0

odinthedog

Feb 7, 2007
Re: A question & intro

Hi, welcome to the forum. What do you mean by 'cashed them in for a nice profit'?

odinthedog

Feb 7, 2007

Great! Good for you!

I should have guessed that, but we don't have any coin dealers out here in bumf***.

OP
OP
Copperhead

Copperhead

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2007
The Constituition State
Detector(s) used
Ace250

I checked price of silver before a went, i forget what kind of profit they made but it's worth it for some quick cash.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

dino said:
Is there a certain way I should ask for halves to get more of an effort out of the teller?

No, there are nice people and there are not-so-nice people in this world. It seems a lot of them (the not-so-nice ones) end up in tellers cages.

Most that I have run across are very helpful, only a few have been lazy and rude. If they worked at wallyworld or target they would still be the same way.

I usually just go in and say I collect coins and do they have any halves or large dollars. I pull one of each out of my pocket and show them. It really helps to show them because most will not understand the first time you say it.

OP
OP
Copperhead

Copperhead

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2007
The Constituition State
Detector(s) used
Ace250

Thanks for the tip cyberdan, I like the visuals idea....Some of the tellers did seem to have this clueless look....

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have experienced that too Dino.....when they get like that I come right out and ask if there is any rolls in vault possibly. The nice ones will check that automatically, but a few seem to have to be pushed in that direction.

OP
OP
Copperhead

Copperhead

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2007
The Constituition State
Detector(s) used
Ace250

Thanks lejeuene...Ya got a knickname, that's a pain to type, but anyway a few times they look at you like you're robbing em....well I guess technically you are.. lol

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

dino said:
Thanks lejeuene...Ya got a knickname, that's a pain to type, but anyway a few times they look at you like you're robbing em....well I guess technically you are.. lol

Sorry Dino.....blame my husband.....ha! Just call me LJ...is that better?? BTW - LeJeuene is french.....translation is...."the young".

morris0863

Feb 11, 2007
Saginaw, MI

ALWAYS try the young tellers as they have less tendancy to pull the Silver out of the loose as as they are handing them to you. The first time it happens you'll cry. The young tellers are usual nice and you have to ask them to check the vault. Sometimes they don't know if there is any in the back.. Hopefully its that box thats been there along time..

GOOD LUCK

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread