✅ SOLVED A rainy day "sorting" yields an unknown Pinfire cartridge .. Anybody recognize it?

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other

Attachments

• pinfire.jpg
    pinfire.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 215
Sellier & Bellot 7mm

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks all! After reading the links, I guess it is safe to say that dates somewhere between 1870 and 2013. Lots of headstamps, but I didn't see any dates for them. Anyhow, it is post Civil War, so back in the "junk box" it goes!

Thanks for your help everybody!

Upvote 0
Rob,I dont recall seeing one in any that fellow on here that collects them had?Maybe he would like it?

Upvote 0
Rob,I dont recall seeing one in any that fellow on here that collects them had?Maybe he would like it?

I am lost Kuger .. who are you referring to? It may be obvious, but my mind is a marshmallow today. Whoever it is, he is welcome to it if he wants it.

Upvote 0
I actively lurk every couple days. =)

That is my website that was linked to a couple times earlier in this thread too.

Here are more 7mm pinfire variations by Sellier & Bellot:

7mm-Sellier-Bellot.jpg

The OP's was most likely made in their factory in Prague and not made at Schönebeck. This headstamp was also manufactured in Riga, Latvia for the Russian market. The same example is pictured in the top row, second from the right.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Fantastic site Aaron,thanks for providing that valuable info!

Upvote 0
I actively lurk every couple days. =)

That is my website that was linked to a couple times earlier in this thread too.

Here are more 7mm pinfire variations by Sellier & Bellot:

View attachment 811661

The OP's was most likely made in their factory in Prague and not made at Schönebeck. This headstamp was also manufactured in Riga, Latvia for the Russian market. The same example is pictured in the top row, second from the right.

Do you have any use for them Aaron? If so, they are yours ... Otherwise, I will probably just toss them.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back