What's new

A relic hunters day today

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2012
Messages
12,681
Reaction score
43,413
Golden Thread
1
Location
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a coin shooter at heart and that is what makes me happiest.
But, every now and then, I get a bit bored of clad & modern. I just
have to go dig something old now and again.

It is a different style of hunting then I'm used to and it makes me
appreciate the true relic hunters out there!

And since I don't do relics very often, feel free to identify as you recognize anything!

2015 (534).webp

(poor Blingie! ;) )

First thing I need to do is to get a bigger "pouch" when I go relic hunting! LOL

2015 (535).webp
2015 (536).webp
2015 (537).webp

A funny thing. Of all that metal, the only things that are magnetic are
the rein guide, the huge iron piece, the nail & the screw in the doorknob.

The spoon is kind of strange, it must have something in it's make up that's magnetic
as it is just barely attracted to a magnet.

2015 (538).webp

A door hinge from 1545. ;) LOL

2015 (539).webp

Fishy always seems happy, doesn't he. :)

2015 (540).webp

Notice? Not a coin - one! :)

But, I did manage something rather interesting, to me anyway.

2015 (541).webp2015 (542).webp

Afraid I don't know my Captain's bars either. :dontknow:

Military? Fire? Police?

Thanks for peeking!

2015 (22).webp
 
Upvote 23
A side question for anyone: Is it at all possible that the spout looking thing could have something
to do with some sort of gunpowder flask/hopper? Just curious.
 
May be a zip line in to the house, just a thought.
Right there with you Sutphin, I thought the door knob was a yoyo. Sorry WHADIFIND.
The spout is what you say it is untill otherwise proven. :icon_thumright:
 
Last edited:
I thought the door knob was a yoyo.

Yeah, it's a doorknob and not only that, it's heavy! I suspect it's a piece of marble!

Wonder how much something like that would be today. ;)
 
Your finds are much better than mine from an old CW field hospital site. Nice job.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom