A restored rare ladies "gold belt buckle" & other recent gold finds!

Ironman!

Mar 25, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
MXT/Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Fellow TNet Forumites,

I know it has been awhile (all of 2013 until now) but "Life" has been happening with a death in the family, struggles at work, drama with friends, etc. I just decided to focus on my loved ones in their time of need and be the best friend for my friends in their time of need. "Time" was a factor and being on the forums as much as I was in the past just wasn't a priority anymore. Thank You for understanding! Now on to my post!!!

First and foremost, this is not a recent find. It was found in 2012 but due to the above mentioned life happenings, got acted on recently with the encouragement of my hunting partner CC Hunter. CC told me about Leonard Short and his amazing skills of restoring CW, RW, buckles & buttons. After seeing his work, I made the contact, sent the buckle off, and now have it back! Thanks CC for the info.!!!

I just got back my restored ladies gold belt buckle from "Leonard Short Designs" a few days ago and thought that I would share it with my fellow forumites on TNet. When I sent it to him it had a gouge on one corner and it was smashed flat the day I recovered it out of the ground. It had a minute amount of enameling in the bar and the clasp on the reverse needed to be replaced. Leonard worked his very talented skills and restored it to it's original state which I am very well pleased with! Thank You again Leonard!! Here are before and after pictures along with a picture of a CDV (carte de visite ) I own of a young woman wearing a similar buckle. I also am attaching a link to the patent to the belt clasp on the reverse of the buckle. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that it is stamped with the maker & patent date on the reverse!!! W BOHMS PATENT JAN 27 1863 How cool is that!!!!
Patent Images

Kudos again go to Leonard Short for his amazing skills!

Has anyone else ever seen one of these found or posted of having been found in the past? I have been told by quite a few people that this is quite a unique and rare piece!!

I am also attaching pics. of two other very recent gold finds...a cuff link & an 1843 $5 gold coin (sorry about pics., they were taken in the field on an overcast day)!!!!! This makes my 7th gold coin found and the 4th found in 3 yrs. 11 months!!!!!!!

Thanks For Looking!
IM

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 206
  • image (2).jpg
    image (2).jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 215
  • image (3).jpg
    image (3).jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 195
  • image (4).jpg
    image (4).jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_0714.JPG
    IMG_0714.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_0615.JPG
    IMG_0615.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 266
  • DSCN0163.JPG
    DSCN0163.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_0497.JPG
    IMG_0497.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_0495.JPG
    IMG_0495.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 214
Upvote 18

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks Dave! I will go ahead and give you the info. here so everyone else can get it too.!! He is that good!!!

He will do an amazing restoration job for you! Wait till ya see what he did with my 3 pewter RW buttons!!

Leonard Short Designs
540-230-5442
[email protected]

Larry

Yeah, I noticed you only had maybe a half dozen posts on this thread, I couldn't understand why because it was a great restoration story? :dontknow:

Thanks for the contact information for Leonard! :thumbsup:

Dave

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread