Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A REVISIT TO FRIDAY'S REVISIT

Yesterday, I returned to the area where I recovered 7 silver dimes on Friday. This lawn was originally hunted with a pre-Etrac machine about 3 years ago. The iron in the 100 X 100 foot area was pretty concentrated. The E-trac helped me find at least 3 of the 7 dimes found on Friday. They were in the ground alongside some iron. I decided to dig as many iron targets as possible. I guess I was hoping to find silver that was being completely masked by a large piece of iron.
I have to say that I suspect that there was a structure on this site at one time. Besides the abundance of Iron, I uncovered some brick and parts of turn of the century glass bottles. However, there was no silver coins to be harvested. After about 5 hours of mining iron, I decided to move on to a few other lawns in the vicinity.
I did manage to recover a sweet Sterling Charm.
My finds for the day were: 7q, 23d, 2n, 34 memorials, and 8 Wheat Pennies, (16, 40, 50, 51(2), 54d, 55, & 56d).
I also recovered 2 dog tags, 2 watch gears, 1 San Francisco key fob, 1 buckle, a push button, a parking meter Violation Flag, 1 Como Se Llama?, and a Sterling Shoe Charm.

IMG_1521.JPG IMG_1519.JPG IMG_1518.JPG IMG_1517.JPG IMG_1516.JPG IMG_1515.JPG IMG_1520.JPG

Upvote 7

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on on those finds. Since there was so much iron there did you pull out the Deus?

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice shoe !! LOL Great finds, always like finding silver. HH

OP
OP
against the wind

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on on those finds. Since there was so much iron there did you pull out the Deus?
It seems like the beer of choice in NYC is CORONA. At least that is what the majority of bottle caps are. The E-trac will blank most steel bottle caps out. On the Deus,, they come in as Dime signals. Another feature on the Deus is the apparent absence of an Overload. The Deus is a great Relic machine and may even get better depth than the E-trac, but in NYC 's trash laden, bottle cap infested parks, you really need to be able to tell what the target is or you will be digging bottle caps all day. To avoid digging steel bottle caps I resorted to not digging any signals at 91 or lower with the exception of nickel signals. (64). I can adapt to the "Reverse Depth Meter," although it will take some getting used to.
The only machine aside from the E-trac that can get around the steel bottle cap problem is the CTX 3030. IMHO

Last edited:

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
ATW WHAT A REALLY BIG SHOE YOU HAVE THERE ......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread