What's new

A REVISIT TO FRIDAYS REVISIT

against the wind

Platinum Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2015
Messages
24,896
Reaction score
24,983
Golden Thread
0
Location
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A REVISIT TO FRIDAY'S REVISIT

Yesterday, I returned to the area where I recovered 7 silver dimes on Friday. This lawn was originally hunted with a pre-Etrac machine about 3 years ago. The iron in the 100 X 100 foot area was pretty concentrated. The E-trac helped me find at least 3 of the 7 dimes found on Friday. They were in the ground alongside some iron. I decided to dig as many iron targets as possible. I guess I was hoping to find silver that was being completely masked by a large piece of iron.
I have to say that I suspect that there was a structure on this site at one time. Besides the abundance of Iron, I uncovered some brick and parts of turn of the century glass bottles. However, there was no silver coins to be harvested. After about 5 hours of mining iron, I decided to move on to a few other lawns in the vicinity.
I did manage to recover a sweet Sterling Charm.
My finds for the day were: 7q, 23d, 2n, 34 memorials, and 8 Wheat Pennies, (16, 40, 50, 51(2), 54d, 55, & 56d).
I also recovered 2 dog tags, 2 watch gears, 1 San Francisco key fob, 1 buckle, a push button, a parking meter Violation Flag, 1 Como Se Llama?, and a Sterling Shoe Charm.

IMG_1521.webpIMG_1519.webpIMG_1518.webpIMG_1517.webpIMG_1516.webpIMG_1515.webpIMG_1520.webp
 
Upvote 14
Congrats on on those finds. Since there was so much iron there did you pull out the Deus?
 
Nice shoe !! LOL Great finds, always like finding silver. HH
 
Congrats on on those finds. Since there was so much iron there did you pull out the Deus?
It seems like the beer of choice in NYC is CORONA. At least that is what the majority of bottle caps are. The E-trac will blank most steel bottle caps out. On the Deus,, they come in as Dime signals. Another feature on the Deus is the apparent absence of an Overload. The Deus is a great Relic machine and may even get better depth than the E-trac, but in NYC 's trash laden, bottle cap infested parks, you really need to be able to tell what the target is or you will be digging bottle caps all day. To avoid digging steel bottle caps I resorted to not digging any signals at 91 or lower with the exception of nickel signals. (64). I can adapt to the "Reverse Depth Meter," although it will take some getting used to.
The only machine aside from the E-trac that can get around the steel bottle cap problem is the CTX 3030. IMHO
 
Last edited:
ATW WHAT A REALLY BIG SHOE YOU HAVE THERE ......
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom