What's new

A Saxon Site - Day 2...

CRUSADER

Emerald Member
Joined
May 25, 2007
Messages
41,314
Reaction score
48,596
Golden Thread
27
Location
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
27
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We continued to grid for 6 hours & 15 minutes, the only Saxon item to turn up was a Pin Head. We have now covered over 50% of the best area, & a sceat for this year is slipping out of our hands....
On the positive side we had plenty of targets:

2 Roman Coins
Lead Donkey - thats a first!
Cira 1700 Buckle
1/2 Lead Tokem
Jetton
Rose Farthing (17th C)
Spitalsfield Market Token (Another first) - circa WWI period
2 Tudor Strapends
Saxon Pinhead
3 Hammered, 1 bit, 1 Lizzy halfgroat, 1 Charles I Penny
1817 Sixpence
Broken Lizzy I Trade Weight:sadsmiley:
 

Attachments

  • 1.webp
    1.webp
    111.9 KB · Views: 112
  • 2.webp
    2.webp
    73.9 KB · Views: 102
  • 3.webp
    3.webp
    142.2 KB · Views: 107
  • 4.webp
    4.webp
    109 KB · Views: 98
  • 5.webp
    5.webp
    92.5 KB · Views: 111
  • 9.webp
    9.webp
    131.8 KB · Views: 109
  • 8.webp
    8.webp
    151.9 KB · Views: 113
  • 7.webp
    7.webp
    119.9 KB · Views: 106
  • 6.webp
    6.webp
    87.9 KB · Views: 102
  • a.webp
    a.webp
    38.5 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Upvote 22
Definitely a lot of targets and some goof ones at that. I like that little 17th century buckle and the silver.
 
looks like a lot of great finds
 
WHAT DO YOU GIVE A MAN THAT ALREADY HAS EVERYTHING ? CONGRATS ON ALL YOUR FINDS ....
 
Awesome Hammered silver!!! They are just freakin' cool to me! Got a question, is the heart-shaped thing with the hole in the middle a token? It's kind of cool....:icon_thumright:
 
Wow , Good stuff ! The Sixpence is nice shape , So is the halfgroat for 500 years old !
 
A good day with Silver and still Saxon finds there! It's the half area so more will come.
 
2 Scrappies added.
 

Looks like you and your Dad had a good day in the field today Cru, congrats on the silvers. :thumbsup:
I love the look of this holed token, I've never seen a heart-shaped example before, this china frag looks early too.

Dave
 

Attachments

  • 7-crop.webp
    7-crop.webp
    14.8 KB · Views: 225
  • 2-crop.webp
    2-crop.webp
    13.9 KB · Views: 221
Uh huh! I figured you would do very well today and you did. Wow, great hammered silver.
 
Awesome Hammered silver!!! They are just freakin' cool to me! Got a question, is the heart-shaped thing with the hole in the middle a token? It's kind of cool....:icon_thumright:

Its a London Market token.
 

Looks like you and your Dad had a good day in the field today Cru, congrats on the silvers. :thumbsup:
I love the look of this holed token, I've never seen a heart-shaped example before, this china frag looks early too.

Dave

Transfer print 1880s Marmalade jar.
 
The bull head has got good detail still, also nice going on the hammered.
Well done on posting up your first lead ass.
 
That site looks like tombac city. But that's always a good sign, and I see that you definitely took advantage. Nice hunt, and congrats on adding to your enormous hammered silver collection.
 
That site looks like tombac city. But that's always a good sign, and I see that you definitely took advantage. Nice hunt, and congrats on adding to your enormous hammered silver collection.

All blanks though, but it makes you think that anything could pop up.
 
That Lincoln with the braze spot on it is a banner :P




WD. heh
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom