What's new

A screamer

cudamark

San Diego Ring Finder
🥇 Charter Member
Top Banner Poster
Joined
Mar 16, 2011
Messages
15,096
Reaction score
20,179
Golden Thread
1
Location
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 2 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This one rang out loud and clear! I was a bit disappointed when I found it was a fishing weight, but, once I flipped it over, I saw a nice round disc encrusted to one side. I couldn't tell if it was new or old, so, I took a before photo and then soaked it in some vinegar for a little while. Once some of the crust dissolved, I was able to clean off a bit and see that it was a 1945 Washington Quarter. I think I'll leave it this way and not totally clean it off. Looks kinda cool to me. Here's the before and after pics. What do you think?
 

Attachments

  • 100_1435.webp
    100_1435.webp
    510.4 KB · Views: 251
  • 100_1436.webp
    100_1436.webp
    644.5 KB · Views: 242
Upvote 55
That is too cool. Not many finds come with their own display stand.
 
When will you even find that again? Way to cool to mess with any more. I'd leave it as it.
 
Yep, as a display it is priceless!!!
I recently cleaned a tiny starfish item that was encrusted with the rusty crud. The item turned out to be a silver stud starfish earring!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom