What's new

A shield !!!

bentdiggin

Full Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2013
Messages
108
Reaction score
125
Golden Thread
0
Location
Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
White's Spectrum xlt
Bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1435526703.336212.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1435526735.251117.webp
I could not be happier. Went out for a quick walk next door with my new MXT PRO. And as far as I am concerned it paid for it self today. Found a shield 5 cent in an area I hunt almost daily. I have pounded this area and could not believe this coin was there only 8 inches deep. Can't get a date in it though. If any ideas please let me know.
 
Upvote 26
Very nice. The dates are tough on those being so small. I can ID about 1/2 of the ones I've found. Glad to hear that new machine is making you happy. Nickel signals get a little iffy when they get deep.
 
Congrats on pulling a shield. Bet you're stoked :occasion14:
 
Wtg...I got my first one a few weeks ago and I hope you're as happy as I was. Good luck with the date!
 
Last edited:
Very nice. Still looking for my first.
 
I'm feeling your pain Bent, I found my first Shield and can only make out half of an 8 so it's 1880's but what a letdown. Great find in ANY case though.
 
Wow !!! Congrats!!! Still on my bucket list. Nice going. HH
 
Great find. We have about 8-10 shield 5C's. So far we have dates on all but one. Lot of soaking in soapy water and we have even used "Lime Away" in the green bottle. Have to be really careful with the Lime Away though. It has worked for us with the issues we have when it comes to our soil out this way, so I don't know if it would help ya. I would let it soak in some soapy water for a few days.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom