A Silver Pocket Spill

D

doyboy

Hey, guys, Rob and I got out yesterday to a site that once had a home on it. The property was purchased by a local school and where the house once stood is a small gravel parking lot. But, what was once the backyard is still there and ready for our "takings." About a week ago, Rob hit this area and he found a couple of 20s Wheats. So, we both knew there was still potential for this site. To make a long story short, I was swinging my detector near a few bushes when I got a perfect "Dime" reading that pinpointed at 4". I dug a hole carefully and found a 1953-D dime. I put the dirt back in the hole and covered it up, and swept my detector over it again to see what else I could get. Oh my, in the same hole, I was getting a "Half" dollar reading that pinpointed at 5". I looked over at Rob and said, "Hey, man, I also have a Benjamin in here!" I got down and dug down to about 5" when I saw a glint of silver. It turned out to be a 1952-D dime; darn, not the Benjamin I was anticipating, but still a nice find. I re-checked my hole and that was it! This was my 1st silver pocket spill! ;D

Attachments

• same hole.jpg
    same hole.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 566
Upvote 0

petersra

Apr 26, 2006
a few miles from the ocean
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark + Cheap Radio Shack + Whites DF PI + Aquasound
Any silver is nice!! Congratulations.. I haven't found any silver coins yet (still looking), but did find a small silver ring last week.

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice ,I found a couple coins in the same hole over here but they were not silver. It don't happen very often. Congrats on the finds.

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts
sweeeeet,finds.. gotta love a two for one. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D my mxt will jump on silver too..it's kinda like the machine is happy,, :o :o :o :o :o

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great, Doy. :)

I had my first double silver hole a month or so ago.....two seated dimes...Always recheck your holes! :)

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes.....still a nice find db!!!!

;)

Top Member Reactions