What's new

A small cache of buttons at early 1800s spot in the woods, one really sticks out

crabstang44

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2016
Messages
885
Reaction score
5,002
Golden Thread
2
Location
eastern nc
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Makro racer 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's lead maybe mixed with something else?. Has 2 fish on it. Really cool. I guess it's a button, all these were found within 2 feet of each other
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1012.webp
    IMG_1012.webp
    94.9 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_1010.webp
    IMG_1010.webp
    77.7 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_1013.webp
    IMG_1013.webp
    370.8 KB · Views: 137
Upvote 24
Wow. Really unique. I have no clue..
 
A Button Spill? LOL. Cool finds. Can't imagine why there would be so many buttons in one place unless it used to be an old clothes line? Strange.
 
Nice button cache!!!! I've never seen anything like the one. It's really unique! Congrats!
 
th7UYJ1MW3 cod 1.webp---I think the fish thing may of been a seal or cap for fish oil, cod liver oil etc.---nice finds :icon_thumleft:
 
Last edited:
You get some fun
 
Maybe a childs toy pewter plate?
Nice finds!

Iowa Dale
 
Ironic I have a bag of gold fish on my desk and they resemble your weird button fish with an uncanny similarity ... holee mackerel ! :tongue1:
 
Congratualtions on the Relic hunt! :occasion14: The fish relic is very interesting.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom