A small Hernando

H.P.

Aug 15, 2020
Safety Harbor Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
This one is from a coastal site in Pinellas county, Florida...there is an offshore springs at this site, and all time periods are represented, except European....I believe this diminutive form represents an artifact once used by a young boy, and as such was smaller than dads....every collection of any size will have artifacts similar to this, although not always flint, nevertheless diminutive forms have to exist, or there were no children.thanks for lookin. AD33FB90-F682-4E1E-A623-7DB310B05C78.jpeg 0DEEB448-C20C-4DB7-A4CA-DF29430B4964.jpeg AF636CE5-BAF4-4A25-A4EF-732DF61354A7.jpeg EA672756-E9D5-423C-B789-0C0050DECC30.jpeg

Upvote 0

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool looking Hernando!

MAMucker

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2019
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
Other
This one is from a coastal site in Pinellas county, Florida...there is an offshore springs at this site, and all time periods are represented, except European....I believe this diminutive form represents an artifact once used by a young boy, and as such was smaller than dads....every collection of any size will have artifacts similar to this, although not always flint, nevertheless diminutive forms have to exist, or there were no children.thanks for lookin. View attachment 1875166 View attachment 1875167 View attachment 1875171 View attachment 1875172

H. P., I agree with your assertion that children most certainly would have been trained, assisted and were expected to contribute as early as possible. Children’s versions of grownup weapons, tools and even equipment from almost every generation. Human nature is also science.

This is in contrast to so many of the so called “Birdies” or “Bird Points” identification. The Birdie bucket is full of very effective and skillfully made big game weapons. Size is a function of ID in all cases, but not the size of game or the person wielding the weapon in all cases.

Your perfect miniature example of a classic type point that has a standard size range is a great example for your assertion. IMO

OP
OP
H.P.

H.P.

Aug 15, 2020
Safety Harbor Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
H. P., I agree with your assertion that children most certainly would have been trained, assisted and were expected to contribute as early as possible. Children’s versions of grownup weapons, tools and even equipment from almost every generation. Human nature is also science.

This is in contrast to so many of the so called “Birdies” or “Bird Points” identification. The Birdie bucket is full of very effective and skillfully made big game weapons. Size is a function of ID in all cases, but not the size of game or the person wielding the weapon in all cases.

Your perfect miniature example of a classic type point that has a standard size range is a great example for your assertion. IMO

I’m so glad you most put into words ( better than I did ) more thoroughly my thoughts,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread