What's new

A smooth CA REAL !!

Ron (CA)

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2005
Messages
556
Reaction score
1,519
Golden Thread
6
Location
Mechanicsville VA
🥇 Banner finds
6
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 , Deus 1 & 2,
She is a bit worn!! Or a lot worn but I will take it-- 1780-90's I am guessing-- OLD for CA !!



My buddy also picked up a few nuggets!! Not a bad day when you get SILVER and GOLD !!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8724.webp
    IMG_8724.webp
    47.7 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_8723.webp
    IMG_8723.webp
    54.4 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_8713.webp
    IMG_8713.webp
    23.9 KB · Views: 147
  • cover.webp
    cover.webp
    81.4 KB · Views: 152
Upvote 48
Congratulations!!! :occasion14:
 
You may not be able to get a date, but at least you can identify the coin. Nice.
 
Awesome 1/2 reale, at least you're able to I'd it
 
Looks like a great day, silver & gold, who could ask for more. :occasion14:
 
SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM NICE FIND ...
 
Sweet find! Congrats!
 
Nice digs man got to love that Spanish silver. Hey if you get an ID on that first target the brass thing let me know i got three of them
 
Those unexpected finds sure can make your day. Who would've thought an 18th century real would be found in your neck of the woods?
 
Nice digs man got to love that Spanish silver. Hey if you get an ID on that first target the brass thing let me know i got three of them

I have two ideas on the brass tip.

1. Tip off a buggy brake. Hence the wear on the one side where it made contact with the wheel or whatever.
2. Shaft Tip- the poles on a two wheel carriage/buggy that attach to the horse. Each one had a brass tip. But not sure if the one I found is big enough.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom