A specimen worthy of study: (Martian)

May 28, 2019
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Help study, IMG20190620211741.jpg IMG20190724163005.jpg IMG20190724163210.jpg IMG20190724163244.jpg IMG20190813195540.jpg

Bazil_SW

Greenie
Jan 3, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,

Can you provide some more detail about where and how your sample was found?

I have some material that fell from the sky in July 2020 and looks remarkably similar. The fireball object that deposited them broke apart mid-air outside our house and the pieces bounced off the wall and landed in the garden. We heard it happen and 2 CCTV caught it.

Some (of many) fragments I have, are pictured below.

The material is highly carbonaceous (typ. 45-50% carbon), and low density, typ. <1g/cm3, but denser pieces are more melted than others and a few are even vitrified.

I've dropped you a PM.
20210415_124334.jpg 20210415_151321.jpg 20210414_130947.jpg 20210412_135240.jpg 20210412_135249.jpg

OP
OP
T
May 28, 2019
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found two specimens in my collection today, IMG20210424171300.jpg IMG20210424171145.jpg

OP
OP
T
May 28, 2019
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This specimen was found in the same place as the one above, It is possible that meteorites hit the ground and formed in high temperatures,

OP
OP
T
May 28, 2019
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Meteorite lovers welcome, collector, scientists are here to discuss,

rebbel31

Aug 1, 2014
Bavaria, Germany
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, Xp deus, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would love to see that video, sounds unbelievable.

Hi,

Can you provide some more detail about where and how your sample was found?

I have some material that fell from the sky in July 2020 and looks remarkably similar. The fireball object that deposited them broke apart mid-air outside our house and the pieces bounced off the wall and landed in the garden. We heard it happen and 2 CCTV caught it.

Some (of many) fragments I have, are pictured below.

The material is highly carbonaceous (typ. 45-50% carbon), and low density, typ. <1g/cm3, but denser pieces are more melted than others and a few are even vitrified.

I've dropped you a PM.
View attachment 1918785 View attachment 1918786 View attachment 1918787 View attachment 1918788 View attachment 1918789

Bazil_SW

Greenie
Jan 3, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would love to see that video, sounds unbelievable.
It won't let me attach the file or links, I'll have to PM you the links to imgur, but a composite image of the differences per frame of our footage is attached. You can see the fireball and it breaking apart and a bit that ricocheted off our house! This were picked up the next morning and still smelt burnt
this one in particular has some very odd surface features, one also attached a white mushroom-like structure about 0.2mm dia. of which there are several! 20200718_201534.jpg CRhEjXg.jpg

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fascinating, Bazil. Please do keep us posted on what the results show. I can’t imagine what those white ‘mushroom-shaped’ features might be, unless they’re something terrestrial that has become incorporated during an impact (assuming this is a meteorite).

Have you not contacted the European “Fireball Network” run by Berlin's Technical University (TU) and the German Aerospace Center (DLR)? They don’t seem to have a record of a fireball report for 17 July 2020 (if your camera date is correct).

https://www.dlr.de/pf/en/desktopdefault.aspx/tabid-328/

There is a solitary report of a fireball over Berlin (from observer ‘Gino B’) on that date in the International Meteor Organisation database). It fragmented in the atmosphere but was timed at around 20:30 UT (Universal Time), versus your camera time of 22:10 (presumably local time in Germany, which I think would have been two hours ahead of UT so that would be approximately in the same timeframe). There’s no record of anything being recovered on the ground.

https://fireball.imo.net/members/im...ent=&event_id=&event_year=&num_report=&page=4

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PS: You would have been better to start your own thread, rather than tack onto Awang's contentious claims for Martian meteorites (and other non-meteorites he has been making claims for).

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
... timed at around 20:30 UT (Universal Time), versus your camera time of 22:10 (presumably local time in Germany, which I think would have been two hours ahead of UT so that would be approximately in the same timeframe).

Just realised the local time is also given... and it was 22:30 as I thought. It's not unusual for meteorite falls to span a period of time, particularly if they represent Earth crossing something like a cometary debris trail. Watching with interest...

Bazil_SW

Greenie
Jan 3, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just realised the local time is also given... and it was 22:30 as I thought. It's not unusual for meteorite falls to span a period of time, particularly if they represent Earth crossing something like a cometary debris trail. Watching with interest...
Hi Red-Coat. I've created a fresh thread for this with more details and pictures, but it's taking some time to post, I guess it needs moderating first. UK Mon have linked 2 other sightings to mine, link in the new thread, but you should be able able find it on their site in the meantime. Time was ~22:10 UK summer time.

Crossing a debris field.... the timing of it has always been particularly intriguing.....

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Red-Coat. I've created a fresh thread for this with more details and pictures, but it's taking some time to post, I guess it needs moderating first. UK Mon have linked 2 other sightings to mine, link in the new thread, but you should be able able find it on their site in the meantime. Time was ~22:10 UK summer time.

Crossing a debris field.... the timing of it has always been particularly intriguing.....

Thanks... found it. Wasn't clear from your post where you are located and I just assumed Germany. There are too many databases! The national ones don't always provide their information to the regional or international ones.

Bazil_SW

Greenie
Jan 3, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunter.

I'm still curious about this sample. Have had any analysis done on it, composition or spot EDX etc?

Meteorite or otherwise, it looks remarkably similar to the material I've been investigating that you have just posted a reply too. tapatalk_-79113774_440x371.jpg

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Bazil

Hunter Awang has continually presented claimed meteorites (including suggestions that they are rare types) on this forum with no evidence in support apart from his own misdiagnoses, and provided feeble excuses for why he can't access any kind of professional testing. He has also misrepresented a picture of a terrestrial rock downloaded from a geology website as a meteorite to support his claims, has played games by showing pictures of extremely rare meteorite specimens downloaded from the net and inviting guesses as to what they are, as well as making erroneous claims for what are geological and meteoritical impossibilities.

What he's showing here is not from Mars. It's a terrestrial volcanic rock... and his 'ureilite' specimens aren't meteorites either (my opinion, of course).

I've stopped responding to his posts, but good luck in getting him to tell you anything meaningful about this specimen.

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, Red-Coat, You are the zhao Zhiqiang, In the baidu nets, Which iron ore do you send in Wu Daoxing Friends,This man is a man and a liar,

this Red-Coat ,a fake expert, Is a Chinese, is Zhao Zhiqiang, Changqi and Purple Mountain astronomy to cooperate deceptive,

I have no idea what this means. Literally... no... idea. Are you calling me a liar and a fake expert?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this Red-Coat ,a fake expert, Is a Chinese, is Zhao Zhiqiang, Changqi and Purple Mountain astronomy to cooperate deceptive,

Are you Trying to Get Banned ? keep it Up :skullflag: NO ATTACKING MEMBERS !

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bazil, I looked at the videos, and if you are referring to the bright moving objects, streaking around, suggesting they are meteorites, look again. They're bugs, IMO. They change course in mid air. An impossibility for a meteorite, wouldn't you say?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread