Sep 20, 2011
Southwest, CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Spectra V3i with wireless headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out nice and early this am.

Temps were about 58 and I LOVE it! This summer has been brutal to say the least.

Went back to the place I was last weekend as I noticed an older cellar hole that was almost completely caved in on the way out last weekend. Well these places have been pounded by others as I noticed older dig holes. Was able to manage 2 buttons.

I decided it was time to move on, so I followed the old walls with not much luck until I found yet another cellar hole, that was not on the 1867 map.

Looks like this place was also pounded but was able to get an old percussion cap another button some buckles & this copper square item. Any ideas?

While roaming around got a good hit & out poped an undated early Coronet LC (1816-1839) with a square hole in it. Other than that not much left in these areas, but I'll hit them one more time once all the ferns are down.

I went to take some pic's but realized that I forgot to put in the memory card :BangHead:

HH!

Attachments

• SUC50001.JPG
    SUC50001.JPG
    141.3 KB · Views: 120
  • SUC50003.JPG
    SUC50003.JPG
    139.9 KB · Views: 122
Upvote 0

Catobra

Jun 21, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites IDX Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The weather here has been so great too-hate to think summer will be back.....can't wait for fall!

Nice assortment of finds-interested to know what the square might be.

Last edited:

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a good day of hunting to me. 58 degrees? Really? Ya rubbing it in? We here in the deep south are looking forward to something less than 90+. It's been hotter than 40 hells down here this year.

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
from the back side of that square thing it almost looks like the imprint of a crown. any chance it could be a British belt plate?

OP
OP
The Rebel

The Rebel

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
Southwest, CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Spectra V3i with wireless headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Guys!

No crown imprint, just an area of tanish.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread