What's new

A Tale of Two Boxes..............

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 25, 2006
Messages
1,894
Reaction score
66
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Other
.............or Can I be "Frank" with you ?...............

.............or "this is the kind of box I've "Ben" waiting for ! .......

Box of halves for the year #s 228 and 229 came from the same bank, presumably same armored service and at the same time. Both were pre-ordered and Fed-rolled. But they couldn't have been more different.

# 228 was a skunk.

#229 looked promising as a saw Ben looking back at me when I opened the box (I even think I saw him blink from the sudden daylight 8) ). I hadn't had a keeper looking back at me in quite a while; and don't think a Franklin was ever the case.

The first roll I opened (yes I refrained from the obvious, as it was number five in how I typically sequence) also had a keeper (69d), and had I wild thoughts.

Net, net, this box produced 26 keepers; and 16 were Franklins !

Here's the breakout:

51px2
52px2
52d
53d
54dx4
57dx2
58dx2
59dx2

Also, a 64d, 66, 68dx4, 69dx2, 94 proof (CuNi), 05d..........and yet another magician coin (79d).

So, Franklins out did all the other keepers (combined), 90%ers greatly out did 40%ers and it was more than double my standard (1%) of a very good box (2.6%). So a great box by any of my measures. !

I think I (now) know where David and Ricky Nelson's allowance has gone. 8)
 
Upvote 0
Good Box - I'm right behind you and we're heading up!
Congrats!!
 
thurmownator said:
.............or Can I be "Frank" with you ?...............

One of my favorite lines from MASH. (Hawkeye to Hotlips)
 
cyberdan said:
thurmownator said:
.............or Can I be "Frank" with you ?...............

One of my favorite lines from MASH. (Hawkeye to Hotlips)

Actually that was Charles to Hotlips(Yea I liked that line too) ;D ;D ;D

George
 
cyberdan said:
thurmownator said:
.............or Can I be "Frank" with you ?...............

One of my favorite lines from MASH. (Hawkeye to Hotlips)

Actually it was Major Winchester to Hot Lips. When she reacted (shocked and mad) to his question, Winchester, thought, stammered than said " No, no Margaret, little "f", not big "F".

I miss that show, it was a classic.

Thanks for the memory.
 
Nice finds Thurm, congratz !

I had to chuckle when I was reading it... as today was a very extreme day
for me as well regarding boxes.

8 Boxes = 6 Skunks. Other 2 boxes produced 212 silvers (205 40%, 7 90%)
(plus a proof and 2 '82 no FG's.)

I gotta pay for these boxes now, so Im not sure if Im happy or sad... thats alot
of skunk action... next week shall determine that. ( of course happy with results, but I meant for future outlook)

Keep it up !
 
Thanks R, and kudos to you. Even over eight boxes, 215 keepers is VERY good.
 
mountainman 2 said:
WTG on that Bennie Box.Glad to see you're still going up that roller coaster.No pictures for us?

Sorry mm, not photo-enabled.
 
Similar thing happened to me too. I had two boxes ordered from a new source, same type of box and everything. First box had about 400 2001P and 2001D in BU condition, as well as a Walking Lib, 3 Ben Franks, 6 '64s and 4 40s. The second box had no BU 2001s, and just one 40 % half. (also got an '82P no FG) from the 2nd box. Strange how they all get rolled up sometimes.
 
thurmownator said:
cyberdan said:
thurmownator said:
.............or Can I be "Frank" with you ?...............

One of my favorite lines from MASH. (Hawkeye to Hotlips)

Actually it was Major Winchester to Hot Lips. When she reacted (shocked and mad) to his question, Winchester, thought, stammered than said " No, no Margaret, little "f", not big "F".

I miss that show, it was a classic.

Thanks for the memory.

OK, I stand corrected. But that just sounds like it was written for Hawkeye. ;)
 
packerbacker said:
Great score Thurm. I bet there is another box just like it nearby.....go get it!!


It's on order; due in on Thursday. 8)


Thanks !
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom