What's new

A tale of two Whatzits...

RelicHunter97

Hero Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2010
Messages
700
Reaction score
297
Golden Thread
1
Location
Western Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
First is a bone handled knife that I got at a tag sale. The sellers were bottle diggers and I managed to nab this knife and 19 bottles for $5 or a quarter each. It is 10" long. I would like to know how old it is.

Next is a 1 1/4" by 1" object found in the yard of my 1900 house. No clue as to what it is. It has a "K" or an "H" on it, I'm not sure. Any Help is appriciated.

Happy Hunting

RH97
 

Attachments

  • Bone Handled Knife.webp
    Bone Handled Knife.webp
    126.7 KB · Views: 281
  • K.webp
    K.webp
    19 KB · Views: 265
  • K-Back.webp
    K-Back.webp
    24.3 KB · Views: 274
Hi RH97
Nice finds :icon_thumleft:

It looks like the H is riveted to the badge; along with it's size, I'm guessing it's a company brand badge off an early 20th Century appliance. Just a guess.

The knife is cool and could be IMHO, from around the same era. Here it is in it's entirety without expanding my computer screen by 10" ;D
Bone Handled Knife.2.webp

Cheers, Mike
 
Upvote 0
Well, the letter thing has two swirly attatchments, so that kinda takes me away from that thought, but interesting idea.
 
Upvote 0
RelicHunter97 said:
Well, the letter thing has two swirly attatchments, so that kinda takes me away from that thought, but interesting idea.

From what I can see, the two swirley attachments are a push/pull type clip such as you will find on appliances or perhaps motor vehicles.
Mike
 
Upvote 0
the letter thing looks like a bolo tie slide. :icon_thumright:
Broken Knee
 

Attachments

  • bolo slide.webp
    bolo slide.webp
    8.2 KB · Views: 214
Upvote 0
Hey, although I can't find one in the same style, I think that it is indeed a bolo tie slide! Thanks for the input!

HH

RH97
 
Upvote 0
Broken knee said:
the letter thing looks like a bolo tie slide. :icon_thumright:
Broken Knee
I think its a great ID Broken knee.
 

Attachments

  • bolo slide.webp
    bolo slide.webp
    60.7 KB · Views: 197
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom