What's new

a teller called me today

how u do n

Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2008
Messages
369
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
in my own little world :)
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Minlab E-Trac Garrett Pinpointer
A teller at my dump bank called me this am asking me if
I would like to buy some rolled coins an older man just
sold the bank.
She goes on to tell me he dropped off a $20 roll of Ike
Dollars and $10 half dollars and $50 quarters all bi-centennials.
Plus 12 rolls of older nickles.
I tell her I will be there in 15 min to pick them all up so,
she does not have to count them for weeks. She says "ok" and,
I'm off to pick them up.
$106 later I take them home to look through them. And,sure
enough they are all junk. But, in one of the quarter rolls there was
a penny. A 1898 Indian Head Penny :o ;D :D
Then while looking through all of the nickles there was one war nickle.
This I still cannot believe. I tried to get a close up of it but,my cam will
not zoom in that tight.
The nickle is a 1943/42 P
I had to look at with every glass I had in the house to make sure
I was not seeing thing. But, it's true :o
I think I'm going to take Tim Horton's to the bank tomorrow. lol
Good luck all
HH
Dan
 
Upvote 0
Look for your cameras "macro" option to get close up pictures. Nice job on the indian head penny!!!
 
Great finds. I wish my tellers would call me when some goods came in.
 
Nice find on the Indian cent and the overdate. That could be worth 100.00 or more in high grade.
 
congrats on the war nickel.... I find one per box I go through...... always a nice way to find silver :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom