What's new

A thread of threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my take on the "buried treasure" thread...

While there appears to be a handful of believers, I think that most people, like me, believe it to be nothing more than an elaborate story. It generates a lot of traffic for various reasons. Some find the story itself entertaining while others find the arguments over its validity entertaining. It stays alive because it has really gotten under the skin of a few here on T-Net. I know the mods have suggested on more than one occasion that the the dissenters are the main reason the thread has continued chugging along. I agree with this.

Speaking of the mods, there have been accusations that the mods are "protecting" the OP of that thread. Hell, I did it myself and got a vacation for it. I now understand that the mods are just doing their job. Look at it this way...

Lets say "Mod A" feels that LRLs, and dowsing in general is a raft of crap. Would it be fair if "Mod A" came in and shut down all of the threads supporting this because they think "it isn't true"? Of course not, because some people do believe it. The same is true of the "buried treasure" thread. Whether the mods believe it or not they have to treat it like any other thread. Even though the content may stretch the limits of credibility for many of us, I don't believe there is any collusion. I think they're just trying to moderate as evenhandedly as possible across the board. Of course if you're vehemently opposed to the contents of that thread it might appear to you that they're "protecting" it. But I don't believe it. (any more)

That's my two cents.

EDIT: Moved a comma, added a period.

It is simple, the thread continues because members continue to post in it ..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
 
Doubter
I pretty much agree with your assessment. Todd has brought much needed life to that thread. The blog activity picked up also.

The only question I really have is generally at what point is the subject matter of a thread so far over-the-top silly that it should be dropped? FMD and TI dropped the SEPA thread long ago for whatever reason. I am amused by it and am glad it is still on the board and kicking.

TH
You are correct. I even made a post to it yesterday. :)
 
I agree that the "buried treasure" thread needs dissenters. I'm just not sure why the dissenters want to keep it alive.
 
I agree that the "buried treasure" thread needs dissenters. I'm just not sure why the dissenters want to keep it alive.

Only Todd can tell you that. Maybe wants all to know truth. Maybe a game for others. :don't know:

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using TreasureNet
 
You can not use one thread to attack other threads or imply members are lying in other threads....

Consider it a warning.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
 
Read quite a few of the cache threads and lots of them are interesting but I have to make the observation that none of them show an actual find of any kind. Some members gave me some good advice on where to go for leads, the local historical society and while I appreciate it I was hoping to find some leads on this website. I like the reading but am ready for searching so if someone can point me to a thread that fits my discription let me know. Thank you.
 
Thanks. I have been to that thread but never could figure it out and its a few hundred pages long. It might be to late for me to ever catch up but I may try as it has a lot of activities going on. And a lot of arguing about stuff that happened in the past I guess. I thought that I could figure most things out but it has me very confused. Hope I am not the only one that feels this way.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom