What's new

A thread of threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
So an opposing point of view could be considered, or construed as a personal attack? :BangHead:

Todd when it is an attack its an attack. If you want to open an opposing view thread that is one thing, if it attacks or mocks another thread or member it violates our rules. Don't open a thread and attack or mock and it is not an issue.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
 
A simple remedy would be to include a disclaimer on every post. Such as: "The OP's comments
are open to alternate viewpoints. The following is only my opinion based on my experience."
 
we shouldn't need a disclaimer. This site was built for us and our hobby. It is like an amusement park....if you don't have a good time, its your fault. The way I see it the mods run this perfectly and we should all be a team. We all learn things from this forum including me. we get to share our finds and get answers free of charge. IMO this place is better than google or wikipedia! :)
 
A simple remedy would be to include a disclaimer on every post. Such as: "The OP's comments
are open to alternate viewpoints. The following is only my opinion based on my experience."

Alternate view points isn't a problem, the attacks and mocking are.

If someone says I don't mean this to be an insult, but you seem like an idiot, it is still an insult even with the disclaimer.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
 
we shouldn't need a disclaimer. This site was built for us and our hobby. It is like an amusement park....if you don't have a good time, its your fault. The way I see it the mods run this perfectly and we should all be a team. We all learn things from this forum including me. we get to share our finds and get answers free of charge. IMO this place is better than google or wikipedia! :)

Note: The following is only my opinion based on my experience
Beeps:
I think we are trying to clarify an issue that very subjective. When tone and inflection are not seen in a typed post it is often viewed differently by different readers. And when is an opposing view considered an attack? When is posting facts that are contrary to the OP's an insult?

Things vary from thread to thread and it seems to me that some threads are under the radar 24/7. Example: It is OK to call BS or say "my BS meter is pegged" on many threads, even the Sepa thread in the early days. But now, you are likely to get banned or at least warned for calling BS on anything the OP or his few followers say lately. I don't know if it was just discretion on the part of the mods or the rules have changed. But IMO things are different now. And readership on contentious threads is way down.

But that is not up to me so I walk the fine line in trying to get my opposing point across. I am sure that the mods are equally frustrate with this interpretive issue as they spend a lot of time in enforcement.

V
 
Last edited:
What matters is how mods perceive it.

If someone says they were insulted and we don't see it as insult there is no issue, if we see it as insult and member says I didn't mean it as insult it is still an insult.....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
 
Note: The following is only my opinion based on my experience
Beeps:
I think we are trying to clarify an issue that very subjective. When tone and inflection are not seen in a typed post it is often viewed differently by different readers. And when is an opposing view considered an attack? When is posting facts that are contrary to the OP's an insult?

Things vary from thread to thread and it seems to me that some threads are under the radar 24/7. Example: It is OK to call BS or say "my BS meter is pegged" on many threads, even the Sepa thread in the early days. But now, you are likely to get banned or at least warned for calling BS on anything the OP or his few followers say lately. I don't know if it was just discretion on the part of the mods or the rules have changed. But IMO things are different now. And readership on contentious threads is way down.

But that is not up to me so I walk the fine line in trying to get my opposing point across. I am sure that the mods are equally frustrate with this interpretive issue as they spend a lot of time in enforcement.

V

Nothing has changed that I see Vor, If a Person accuses the OP or someone else of Lying (BS'ing)
the post gets deleted or edited, Our Discretion. If the person ignores this & does it again,
a Warning may happen.
If they ignore us again, Fruther action may Happen

and if I decide to check where the person is from,
and have good reason to believe they are already banned and using a proxy,
I'll strike harder.

I may be wrong,
But I don't particularly feel you were picked on unfairly,
so I don't understand your attitude on this.
but then, I don't take notes.

let's just say If your referring to a Member of TreasureNet
avoid the Words (initials) BS. & all its Synonyms it's that simple
 
Last edited:
What matters is how mods perceive it.

If someone says they were insulted and we don't see it as insult there is no issue, if we see it as insult and member says I didn't mean it as insult it is still an insult.....

So what the alleged "insulted" person has to say comes into play also. Complex formula. But I am good with it.

So Todd, what you got?

V
 
Last edited:
So what the alleged "insulted" person comes into play also. Complex formula. But I am good with it.

So Todd, what you got?

V

It seems your making it harder then it needs to be.

Mods look and if we feel rules were broken we address it, if not we leave it alone...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
 
OK, I am somewhat clear with the rule interpretation though we all no doubt understand that it is subjective to some degree. Thanks to the mods for their participation and I hope that we all have the comfort level to just go about posting our comments.

V
 
An opposing viewpoint will often seem to be calling the person whose point you oppose a liar. I personally believe it's been taken to an extreme in the Buried "Treasure" thread. I'm not sure why. It seems like anyone who questions ANYTHING that is posted on that thread gets slapped down.

In addition, I believe sepa has gotten away with a LOT of veiled insults with no repercussions.

Hey, again, just one man's opinion. As I have learned over the years, my perception is my reality. Your perception may not even come close to mine. Your mileage may vary.
 
It seems your making it harder then it needs to be.

Mods look and if we feel rules were broken we address it, if not we leave it alone...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2


I'm concerned. I stated a possible title and approach to the presentation and Jeff stated that he felt the thread would be deleted. I don't want to waste my time if that's the case.
 
An opposing viewpoint will often seem to be calling the person whose point you oppose a liar. I personally believe it's been taken to an extreme in the Buried "Treasure" thread. I'm not sure why. It seems like anyone who questions ANYTHING that is posted on that thread gets slapped down.

In addition, I believe sepa has gotten away with a LOT of veiled insults with no repercussions.

Hey, again, just one man's opinion. As I have learned over the years, my perception is my reality. Your perception may not even come close to mine. Your mileage may vary.

......and thread was locked down couple times because OP was violating rules....



Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
 
As I have learned over the years, my perception is my reality. Your perception may not even come close to mine. Your mileage may vary.
And,
Rap Cat's not available at all locations. :laughing7:

 
Hey guys and gals this has been an enlightening discussion of rules and I hate to break up your rythme but does anyone know of a real verifyable cache that is legal to hunt? Location is not important as I plan on traveling the county in my RV anyway. Preferably south due to the season. Not one out of a treasure magazines but maybe just lost? I checked out the cache forums but most are just legends and hearsay. If so, can you point me to the thread?
 
What's this thread about again?
 
It's hard for me to see how the concept of not insulting another person in your thread is that difficult to understand.
If someone said it to you would you be ok with it? If so go ahead and if a Mod disagrees you will learn better. ( I know whatof I speak)
 
Hey guys and gals this has been an enlightening discussion of rules and I hate to break up your rythme but does anyone know of a real verifyable cache that is legal to hunt? Location is not important as I plan on traveling the county in my RV anyway. Preferably south due to the season. Not one out of a treasure magazines but maybe just lost? I checked out the cache forums but most are just legends and hearsay. If so, can you point me to the thread?




This is an extremely active forum. IMHO the threads go from verifiable to highly suspect. Surf around and see what you feel comfortable with. Good luck!
 
It's hard for me to see how the concept of not insulting another person in your thread is that difficult to understand.
If someone said it to you would you be ok with it? If so go ahead and if a Mod disagrees you will learn better. ( I know whatof I speak)
So if I (hypothetically) have difficulty believing the claim of a poster on this forum, and ask questions regarding that post, I am somehow violating the rules? I have a problem with that.
 
So if I (hypothetically) have difficulty believing the claim of a poster on this forum, and ask questions regarding that post, I am somehow violating the rules? I have a problem with that.

you can ask questions, but if you say " you're an idiot" or question the persons ancestry. that's too far
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom