What's new

A thread of threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

vor

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2012
Messages
1,847
Reaction score
453
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought that I would start a thread to have a place to discuss other threads (yes, I checked the Tnet rules). Doing so on their discussions would drive their thread off topic. So here is the place. I'll start.

While I obviously can't follow all of the threads on this board, there are quite a few that interest me.

No. 1 on my list of most intriguing is BVI's Coral Beep. Though the thread has a lot of off topic exchanges, it has a great the story line. BVI has gone pretty much silent lately and I don't blame him. IMO, he has given out too much info already that may cause some unscrupulous readers to search for his site. Hopefully he can keep it under wraps but will at least post photos of his future finds.

There are also a few theads on the LDM forum where a somewhat new member, NP, has ruffled a few feathers with his new non conventional theories. Nothing earth shaking going on there but an interesting read for me on a fantasy legend. Maybe its the history of the legend and area that holds my interest. I spent some time in those "mountains" years ago.

More later.
 
Should I even mention the Buried "treasure" in Southeast Pa" thread?

I don't know why not. That thread is too big for one man, it is for everyone. I used to post frequently until things started disappearing. It was weird. Posts, related threads and even members were suddenly just gone. Pretty sure I know the cause as it coincided with the invasion of the Saxons to Sherwood...I mean Bradford Forest.

There was a time when there was non-stop action there but now all I see is tumbleweed blowing down Bradford Ave. I am sure that the OP is sincere in believing the story he was told. Unfortunately I think the source of his information (non-member) was pulling the old Saxon wool over his eyes.

The area is a danger zone so be careful. The forest is full of about every known carnivore as well as Warrington's finest on patrol, but I heard that they are not to be trusted. There are also reports of hazmat material stored in fairly large quantities. Proceed with caution in the area and on this thread.

Anything in particular you want to share on it?




V
 
Honestly, I don't even know where to begin. When the first post showed up I thought something stunk, then with the discovery (recovery) of the patio lion I had a slight glimmer of hope but that didn't last long. After that it was all down hill.
 
That thread first showed up around the time that BDD came on with his stories if pirate silver, confederate gold and diamonds. Real stories from someone that likes to dig. But his threads are now silent and have dropped out of sight.

I think most reasonable folks have abandoned threads that are not based on known facts or are contradictory to common sense.

Kind of like the Fenn Hoax. High rolling gallery owner to the stars sells out and runs out of money by living lavishly. Then the feds have him under investigation for grave robbing/under reporting and and he had to hire a team of lawyers and CPAs. So what do you do? Create a story and put the "clues" in a book by way of a childish "poem" to sell to the masses. Money starts rolling in so you decide to do it again. Some similarities to the sepa saga but leaving out the supernatural and mythical creatures.

V
 
That thread first showed up around the time that BDD came on with his stories if pirate silver, confederate gold and diamonds. Real stories from someone that likes to dig. But his threads are now silent and have dropped out of sight.

I think most reasonable folks have abandoned threads that are not based on known facts or are contradictory to common sense.

Kind of like the Fenn Hoax. High rolling gallery owner to the stars sells out and runs out of money by living lavishly. Then the feds have him under investigation for grave robbing/under reporting and and he had to hire a team of lawyers and CPAs. So what do you do? Create a story and put the "clues" in a book by way of a childish "poem" to sell to the masses. Money starts rolling in so you decide to do it again. Some similarities to the sepa saga but leaving out the supernatural and mythical creatures.

V

Since you say the Fenn treasure is a hoax then please enlighten everyone with your facts to back up your claim.
Do not post your thoughts like you have over and over. No more, "he's a grave robber", "running out of money". Only solid facts!
I want to hear your proof.
 
Since you say the Fenn treasure is a hoax then please enlighten everyone with your facts to back up your claim.
Do not post your thoughts like you have over and over. No more, "he's a grave robber", "running out of money". Only solid facts!
I want to hear your proof.

Hello Ronzie
Of course it is impossible to "prove" one way or that other. You either believe the guy or you don't. You are free to express your opinion just as I am free to express mine so long as we can stay respectful.
I have already given some of my "evidence" on various forums but have seen none from the goose chasers. You are corrrect that I have no evidence on his bank accounts but the claims that he is a "grave robber" is evident from the facts that he sold many artifacts that were obtained from burials. He has never denied this.

There is a believers thread in the cache forums where I no longer post.

Sometimes the truth hurts but it is better to accept eariler than later. Keep on believing if you like. At one time even I believed in Santa and the tooth fairy because I wanted to believe so I can understand where you are coming from.

V
 
vorIt seems the cache forum has run out of steam. This could be because there is no longer any credible leads to exploreor when someone drags up an old wild legend they can't provide substantive credibility on why any rational person couldoverlook the discrepancies and follow up with a search. I personally know of two credible cache leads that were eitherignored or muddled up by self-promoting amateurs leading to thread closure.Then you have thread mixing. Instead of staying on topic other discussions of altogether separate searches are introducedleading to confusion with posters. I'm of the opinion that many serious cache hunters no longer post. Once in a while yousee them put a foot forward and at the first hint of nonsense step away.Lots of new detectorists have come on lately with newby questions, some willing to accept advise and some who just postonce and disappear. Naturally they are experimenting on the various threads with little to offer in the way of practicalvalue to the old-timers. (Like Us) LOL
 
He's as much of a grave robber that most archaeologist's are then. No different from all the digs in Egypt to South America.
That aside, you are allowed to have your opinion on whether or not his treasure is real. But to constantly slander everyone that believes and consistently bash the subject is very negative and immature imo.
But as you said,"Sometimes the truth hurts but it is better to accept earlier than later". That's how I feel about religion ( fake, not real). But why would I go ahead and constantly post it. I just posted it this one time, here to show it isn't productive and as an example. If you believe in god something like that would most probably tick you off.

Do I believe the treasure is real? Yes I do, because of doing some homework on this. Can I prove it. I guess only if I or someone else finds it. I guess that is my faith, so to speak.
I'm not wanting to argue, but this subject only has two moves left. Find the treasure or have him admit it's fake. Until then it'll be a mystery.
 
...I'm not wanting to argue, but this subject only has two moves left. Find the treasure or have him admit it's fake. Until then it'll be a mystery.

Are you referring to the "Fenn hoax" Vor mentioned or the Buried "treasure" in Southeast Pa" thread? Maybe both? If the Buried "treasure" in Southeast Pa" thread forget finding it. Forget the whole thing

With some of the best equipment money can buy, my team "The Elite Eight" spent several three and four day weekends in and around the so called "Bradford Forest" and found nothing of any value. Nada, zilch, zip, zed. That was the first step. The second step was talking to the two families that have been/had been in that neighborhood forever, and boy was that interesting. I won't go into any detail on that just yet because I'm saving it for a special occasion, but there's far more involved there than I ever wanted to hear about.

Let's just say that there's something rotten in Warrington Pa. As much (or more) than in Denmark.
 
...but there's far more involved there than I ever wanted to hear about.

Kind of like there was far more in Fly's blog link than any of us wanted to see?
V

Ronzie
Good luck on your quest. Godspeed.
V
 
That thread first showed up around the time that BDD came on with his stories if pirate silver, confederate gold and diamonds. Real stories from someone that likes to dig. But his threads are now silent and have dropped out of sight.

I think most reasonable folks have abandoned threads that are not based on known facts or are contradictory to common sense.
...but our favorite intrepid digger of holes threads had everything-dowsers,psychic abilities,LRL's,Nazi diamonds,blown up beaver dams,pirate silver next to the interstate,destroyed septic tank vaults,back hoe boys claim jumpers,Confederate gold in the Everglades,Confederate gold in iron pots,native American shamen,cloud mountains,the promise of a TV treasure show,and more.EVERYTHING!
Now that was entertainment!
 
Kind of like there was far more in Fly's blog link than any of us wanted to see?
V

Vor, please stop mentioning that. I finally thought I was brave enough to take a look and threw up in my mouth, twice.
 
...but our favorite intrepid digger of holes threads had everything-dowsers,psychic abilities,LRL's,Nazi diamonds,blown up beaver dams,pirate silver next to the interstate,destroyed septic tank vaults,back hoe boys claim jumpers,Confederate gold in the Everglades,Confederate gold in iron pots,native American shamen,cloud mountains,the promise of a TV treasure show,and more.EVERYTHING!
Now that was entertainment!

It was entertaining. But at least when you peel back the layers of dowsing, LRLs and treasure book stories you have sites that are based on history and the possibiliy of locating a find of some kind. And he is sincere in believing there is something to be found. Maybe he will come back on when the dust settles.

Others on here are just fanasy and the OPs are using the board for their audience.
V
 
Having read the sites being referred to, and only making a passing comment, I'm very interested in this threads purpose and direction....more later.....Gary
 
... I'm very interested in this threads purpose and direction....more later.....Gary

Purpose is just to discuss other threads. Pretty simple and thoughts are welcome.
V
 
Please remember you can't open a thread to mock other threads so please be respectful...

You can discuss threads as long as it is not an attack on any member and not mocking the original thread...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
 
Hello Treasure Hunter. Always good to hear from you. I would bet that you read more threads than any of us so feel free to chime in with some that we should know about.

Back to the top Oh curious OP.

Not much new here as I've been covered up. I still look in on the shipwreck forum. Great finds on the Douglas Beach trail and BVI's location. Tough to beat seeing shipwreck gold or silver.

The two competing Fenn hoax threads are usually active. Since there is a pro and a con thread it should keep the tempers down. The pro Fenn guys can't help being frustrated since they are chasing their "tale".

And of course the dutch hunters are ramping up ahead of their annual convention. I believe last year BB showed with his theories and this year supposingly np is going to show up and lead the ranks to some rubble that was once a spanish mission (or an old pump house). Don't really know where it is going as it has expanded to the Tuscon artifacts and another mountain range. Hope the stones don't start speaking on Saturday night.

Can't really discuss much on the SE Pa thread as its like walking on eggshells. But the storyline is still about old Saxons running around the hood and the OP passing out ribbons to all the contributors. Well...all except for me. But it is always good to check it out for a grin. Who doesn't like Saxons. :)

Don't know whats up with BCH as the swamp gold thread has been pretty much silent for awhile. Those are pretty much the only ongoing threads I check out, probably because the mobile app keeps bringing them up for me.

And BDD won't converse with us anymore. Think he may have gone Hollywood after all.

V
 
Our friend BDD is strangely silent. He may be off on an expedition and is saving his comments for a
later time. You mentioned the LDM which I visit rarely. Since BB is going to the rendezvous I will
check it out. Like the Beale code the LDM is inexhaustible with dedicated players who perpetuate
lively theories of legends that will not die.
The LAD was one of my favorites which is now seldom active. The KGC and Swift legends have both
had their heyday. The latter had one of the most entertaining sessions in TNet history before a
knight errant met a tragic reality check.
Those were the days when you looked forward each morning to a new bout of sparring with a cast
of characters with no lack of abandon.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom