tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man! did they ever overlooks this GEM in the TS I stopped by on the way home from up North today. I got this for a total of $16.18 with tax and all. This is the higher end of the Hartmann line, known a the Presidential class of hand built hard case briefcases. Worth upwards of $800. to maybe $1000. this thing could maybe sell for?. Dang thing of it is I've not seen any gold or good priced silver in this TS in a long time, as I think they for sure have been sorting all that out pretty thoroughly as it seems most of these big box thrift stores are coming to lately. Still not everything that comes in to these places gets closely scrutinized and this is a perfect example of that. I always have a look in the luggage section and this time I hit pay dirt.

Attachments

• hartmann 1.jpg
    hartmann 1.jpg
    1,002.6 KB · Views: 364
  • hartmann 2.jpg
    hartmann 2.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 293

SDIceMan

Nov 12, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great score on a beautiful briefcase! I've been fortunate enough to score the odd piece of the leather-banded tweed Hartmann luggage but never a higher end piece like that. Congrats!

BagLady

Bronze Member
Mar 13, 2015
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
cheap
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, that is a beauty. You can see the quality easily, and the leather is awesome! Congrats!

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not to burst the bubble... and before you get too excited over this ...

Luggage is... or should I say... has been... a hard sell.
I have had over the years at least 15 pieces of various styles of Hartman... from that one to complete sets of tweed... etc etc.

Now... I never sold em on Ebay so ... ?

Last time I bought some Hartman I spent $5 dollars EACH on an entire set of tweed... so 25 dollars total...
Replacement value at the time was almost $2,500...

Sold after painstaking time and effort for $200 or $250... cant even remember now.

PS.. they were in brand new condition... used in 1 short trip.

Last edited:
OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know they're not going like in the past, but there were a couple full leather Hartmann briefcases still in the sold records on eBay that did achieve a very good prices. The briefcases will sell better then the used luggage. I've kept a couple pieces of Hartman luggage for my own use. This is maybe the 3rd briefcase I've come across in the used and discarded market. I wouldn't take any less then $600. on this one. Last Hartmann I think I sold on eBay was a duffle bag Hartmann made of pack cloth. I got it for something like 5 bucks and it sold for $60. if I recall? I always sell on eBay as it's pretty simple to do. If I do any other dealings it's usually in a trade.

gordonquixote

Apr 8, 2012
N FL
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When is the last time in the last ten years that you have seen anyone carrying a briefcase?

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I carry one. Keep all my line cards and product info in it. Just about every road peddler I know keeps a briefcase.

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always like to see the one that got away from those Money Hungry TS. I consider it a personal challenge to find a high $ item they miss or failed to take home for them selves.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great piece.

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
There is a Hartmann tweed garment bag at one of my stores but they want $49.00 for it. Has store tags still on it. I was almost tempted but it's not belted leather. I sold a belted leather Hartmann duffle for $300 a few months ago. Paid $12.00 or so. That briefcase will do well. There folks who collect or simply want to maintain a certain style. Nice!

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a Hartmann tweed garment bag at one of my stores but they want $49.00 for it. Has store tags still on it. I was almost tempted but it's not belted leather. I sold a belted leather Hartmann duffle for $300 a few months ago. Paid $12.00 or so. That briefcase will do well. There folks who collect or simply want to maintain a certain style. Nice!
Yeah, The garment bag could be a risk. I saw a tweed garment bag once also and I think it was like $35.00 and I passed on it, but I was back in that store only a week later and it was gone. I don't buy any of these things such as the older large Hartmann luggage, but if it has a certain style and will fit the carry on size, then I may pick it up. I remember your duffle bag and I think it was all leather if I recall. That was a great score and getting $300. out of it was a nice little chunk a change. I have an old Hartmann pack cloth duff-bag, I keep my mine clothes or diggers, as we call them. It's pretty light materiel, but it's held up very well over the years. Way better then what something from Target would do. AARC is right about most of the Hartmann LUGGAGE you find out there and at that I'll give him a big 10-4 on, but I don't think he was wearing his glasses when he made his a assessment of this item. It stands outside the class of the average Hartmann product line imo.

Attachments

• duffle 1.jpg
    duffle 1.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 126
  • duffle 2.jpg
    duffle 2.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 130

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread