What's new

A very Depressed Man

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Joined
Jun 5, 2014
Messages
8,891
Reaction score
13,500
Golden Thread
0
Location
mid western ARK
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A month ago, We were going up to Ft Smith (100 miles away) and we went thru Oklahoma. I planned to stop at several pawn shops to look for a couple things and so we stopped at one in Poteau. I was hobbling along as usual when one of the workers began talking to me. One thing led to another and I could see that he was struggling with something. At first I thought it was with his own health problems so I "shared" a little about my own health struggles in the past and even now. This led to more stuff at which point he asked if he could call me later on that evening to talk. So I gave him my number and went on. The talk was over an hour until 11 that night and he was a very broken man, crying several times. He thanked me for spending the time with him on the phone and we hung up.

So yesterday, we stopped in the pawn shop again, I just wanted to check on the guy. He was very excited to see me and made his way over to shake my hand. He told me that after talking to me (about a lot of stuff) his life had made a turn around. He was actually happy again and was now more involved with people again. His boss was very happy too. The man was now active in a local Cowboy church and asked if I would come speak one night so that was unexpected. It was just very nice to see such a turnaround in this fifty something man. Just took a little of my time, no big deal for me. Look around you, you can do the same thing, it is easy but you have to take that first step. Very gratifying indeed. I shared this with you not to toot my own horn but to hopefully enable some of you to help others in their struggles, sometimes they just need someone to listen to them as they pour their heart out. Me, I have another friend now.
 
good show dirtlooter , sometimes all it takes to help someone is just to listen to them...:thumbsup:
 
You did a wonderful thing, May God Bless you for your kindness! :angel2:
 
You are a good person, and rightly so. After all, sometimes just enough that someone would listen to you and give you a chance to do a good deed.
At one time, I also did a good deed and gave the person one bitcoin ( you can learn about Bitcoin here at https://bitcoinbestbuy.com/what-is-bitcoin/ )
Then it cost a penny, but now it's $ 8k, I hope that this money helped the person.
 
It feels good to know that you made a positive difference in someone's life, congrats to your new friend for feeling better, and congrats to you for giving him hope and new enthusiasm for life. Sounds like a win win for the both of you !!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom