A weekend of SLQs

tmanfromtexas

Mar 12, 2006
Deep East Texas near Toledo Bend
Detector(s) used
ETRAC BABY
A weekend of SLQ's

I got out with Dirtfishing Dave to a spot we have been hunting for a while. I was wondering if it was about time to find a new spot but Dave said we needed to hit it alittle more so Saturday we met up and started swing coils. The first quarter I hit was a 1926 SLQ. I showed it to Dave and we continued on. A little later I got the 1964 Washington and its in beautiful condition. The rains came so we packed up and headed out. After lunch it started to clear so I went back but Dave was busy with his new house so I had to go it alone. I was there for about another hour and picked up another SLQ but this poor girl didnt have a date. For Saturday I ended up with the 2 SLQ's the Washington and 20 wheaties.

I got up late today after nursing a hangover from a get together I went to last night. I went back to the spot and Dave wasnt there. I started hunting and after a while, I got merc. Dave showed up and then I got a 1909 Wheatie but couldnt tell if it had a mint mark (it doesnt). After moving around a little I got a great quarter signal and dug up my 3rd SLQ for the weekend. It was a 1924 with no mint mark. I ended up with 4 mercs, 1 rosie, 1 Washington and 3 SLQs for the weekend. I also picked up an additional 44 wheaties for a total of 64 for the weekend. I need more of these. LOL.

Attachments

• SDC10164.JPG
    SDC10164.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 182
  • SDC10164.JPG
    SDC10164.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 183
Re: A weekend of SLQ's

Now that's my kind of weekend! In my dreams anyway.... :laughing7:

Great hunting Tracy!

Hell off a weekend T-Man...You were due.....You find more S.L.Q.'s than anyone I know of...Even GOIO said the same...Big Congratulations man

Dave was right, hit that spot a little more. Great group of silver and the many wheaties you found over th two days.

Nice finds. Guess Dave was right about going back. That's alot of silver for a weekend. Congrads.

Damn. You found more slq's in a weekend than I found all last year. Congrats bud! :thumbsup:

Holt cow, T-Man!!! :o

What a great couple of hunts!

Congrats on all those SLQ's and other great finds!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :icon_king:

I wish I could make it look that easy!

Wow Tracy. You really cleaned up on the SLQs. How many does that make for you this year?

Thinking about sending you to Texas for the rest of the year Tracy, for all our' sakes!

Great hunting as always!

WOW!! Awesome silver :thumbsup:

(anyone know how much ONE-WAY airfare to Texas is? ;D)

Awesome Job :thumbsup:
I am still waiting on my first SLQ. you must have something like 50 by now.

CONGRATS ON THE SLQ'S AND OTHER SILVER COINS!

Thanks everybody. I just got lucky I guess and put the coil over the good stuff, and hunting a spot that has SLQ's helps alot too. lol.

Pocket Spill said:
Wow Tracy. You really cleaned up on the SLQs. How many does that make for you this year?

I am up to 10 for the year. I got another one this past weekend. It had a buffalo on top of it. That was the second time this year I got an SLQ with a Buffalo on top of it. Strange indeed.

Lowbatts said:
Thinking about sending you to Texas for the rest of the year Tracy, for all our' sakes!

Great hunting as always!

I am headed home Friday for a week so its all y'alls for 10 days. Good luck everybody. I hope yall dig tons of the silver stuff. TMAN...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back