What's new

AAARRRGH!!! Stupid sand!

1emeraldlady

Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2013
Messages
86
Reaction score
73
Golden Thread
0
Location
Micco, Fl
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Went out with the detector yesterday to try out my new harness (which worked great). I was swinging by the base of a cut in front of the dunes when I got a decent signal. Six inches down I spotted what looked like a metal pipe of some kind. I managed to dig about 8 inches alongside it but then I had to give up. That sucker was heading back into the dune and I wasn't able to budge it at all! I was thoroughly maddened when I realized if I kept digging, I would not only end up in the dune but also risk a possible collapse. So I ended up covering the darn thing back up not knowing what it was!!! Feeling very frustrated right now!!!
 
Upvote 0
Don't feel frustrated because you knew enough to stop digging!
HH!
 
Was it a pipe or a cannon???? Hummmmm.... I feel your pain. I had to find the answer to a similar question on my beach. 4' down, one was a steel belted radial truck tire and one was an aluminum beach chair. Both could have been a chest of gold, but alas that was not to be. You were better off not digging to China for nothing but junk.... At least that is what you have to keep telling yourself. HH, Beach papa
 
I guess so. I keep imagining myself stuck like the wicked witch in the Wizard of Oz. Just picture a dune collapse with nothing but a pair of crazy socks and sneakers sticking out...lol!!! Silly me, I have to find something humorous or else the "what ifs" will bug me FOREVER!!!
 
Don't chase those old galvanized pipes...there's no gold or silver at the other end...move on for the good stuff...:)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom