Aarchaen Green Gold (Copper Gold Ore)

Jackstraw20

Jan 25, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have this cube of aarchaen green gold that was found in Colorado. Any ideas on value or who would be interested?
Cheers & Thanks!

Jackstraw!
IMG_20210923_052218642.jpg

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice specimen, it makes me wonder. If you find a specimen, in a foreign land, which contains over $10,000 of rare elements, do you have to declare it when entering the USA from a foreign country?

I am just curious.

Ed T

OP
OP
Jackstraw20

Jackstraw20

Jan 25, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have this cube of aarchaen green gold that was found in Colorado. Any ideas on value or who would be interested?
Cheers & Thanks!

Jackstraw!
View attachment 1982648
Thanks for your replies and help guys and gals! Much appreciated! Should I send the specimen off to an assaying company? Is that safe? Is that the best option I have or is there a different approach that alludes me?

Happy Thursday Everyone and I hope everyone is having a great day!

Thanks for any information, it is all extremely beneficial,. Thanks!

Jack Straw

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I see no gold. The specimen is worth what a buyer will pay. Without visible gold that's not going to be much money.

If you send it for an assay they will crush and melt the stone. Unless there is considerable gold present the assay will cost more than the gold would be worth.

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now There Will Be Hell To Pay (Bussokusekika)

I had some nice ore
I thought I would buy a house
Here in the US
It was a nice down payment
But the three took it from me
Now there will be hell to pay

Edwin Tanguma 10/19/2021

This one is a silly poem that some of you may know what it is about…Oh well…Good luck in your search…IF anyone is searching for where said ore came from…

I will never put all of my eggs in any single basket again… lol

Ed T:)

cathexis

Sep 9, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please correct me if I'm wrong,

But the last person I knew who regularly worked his own claim on the American river, CA. told me a local firm who bought raw gold (not jewelry, PC, etc.) required a minimum of 2.oz sample to properly assay - BEFORE buying any. Plus, it's not their job to extract useful ore, that's your job. It seems in your case you'd have to crush that pretty specimen to extract the gold ore in order to assay it. Copper rounds are going for around U.S. $1.75 each. AU bullion around U.S. $1,780 today. So trying to extract bullion content would ruin your specimen. Might try contacting the local gem & mineral society to see if they could give you a lead on a buyer for the rock as is. If you're out West, there might be a local or University museum that might take it as a specimen donation for display (You can see raw gold as specimens from Great Falls, MD. in the "Hall of Minerals" in the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History!) - then they could give you a receipt for tax deduction purposes. FWIW

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes Clay…It is 5-7-5-7-7-7…I am a paranoid person by nature, so I don’t take my phone with me to certain areas of interest…I found it rather interesting after doing a search on olivine gabbro that I was told I could not take my ore with me in my carry on onto a plane…They probably thought I had a concealed slingshot or something…Anyhow, I abandoned the ore at the airport…lol…

I personally believe it was the three that was behind the whole thing…As IF owning 89% of the stock market isn’t enough…Oh well…life will go on, as will my paranoia…

I think I will just say the hell with it all and buy me a little house in Mexico…One day I hope too retire in Mexico…

Ed T

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread