Abandoned cache of bank robbery loot?

Red Fox 4

Mar 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Any help would be much appreciated. Note to Red Desert: I had dug at that spot where the money had been doused yesterday but had come up empty handed so I thought I'd go for something a little different and search out an actual cache like you had mentioned (that it is better to search out caches). I managed to narrow it down to this area but I am hoping that perhaps you or anyone else that would like to join in might be able to help me locate the loot.

Pic 1 Overview of entire area.
BankLoot8.JPG

Pic 2 overview of general area.
bankloot.JPG

Pic 3 close to where I believe it may be.
BankLoot7.JPG

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I mentioned the money hit didn't seem to be a cahe, but rather more like a lost single bill or a wallet.

I live right in the area John Dillinger, owned a little know cabin hide out (to relax, fish, nobody realized or cared who he was). I've gone past the road many times, that leads to a cabin he had on Blue Lake. Yet, I've never gone down the road to check it out. Good reason, STOLEN BANK ROBERY LOOT.

And other lost stolen treasure, the mafia bosses in Chicago would hang out around Lake Wawasee, when things got hot at the old hotel site. There could be caches near it, but it might be hard getting permission because of being a resort lake for rich people. I know of a closer gangster site, limo driver was forced to lay down while they buried suitcases in a farm field, believed to have been near a rock pile.

The problem with any robbery loot, you might not get any reward for finding it. Not for me, no way, no day, me will stay away. :BangHead:

Last edited:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
the problem with hunting and finding bank robbery loot is --that if found --its gonna be claimed by the "insurance company" that covered the banks loss's -- if word gets out that you "found it" --and if you are lucky enough to get a "reward" for finding it (highly doubtful) --the govt will want a big share of it in "taxes" ... and if you don't report finding it --then the govt will treat you like a "bank robber" (jail most likely) and the tax man plus the insurance and /or bank folks will sue you for all you got and then some .. plus the "appointed" to defend you --lawyers fees don't forget them .:BangHead:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the problem with hunting and finding bank robbery loot is --that if found --its gonna be claimed by the "insurance company" that covered the banks loss's -- if word gets out that you "found it" --and if you are lucky enough to get a "reward" for finding it (highly doubtful) --the govt will want a big share of it in "taxes" ... and if you don't report finding it --then the govt will treat you like a "bank robber" (jail most likely) and the tax man plus the insurance and /or bank folks will sue you for all you got and then some .. plus the "appointed" to defend you --lawyers fees don't forget them .:BangHead:
Exactly right ivan salis, you probably remember the case from years ago, a shipwreck salvage company got rights to a wreck site. After the treasure was brought up, the insurance company that insured this ship showed up because they still are around to claim the bounty. A big court battle followed and I don't remember who won in the end.

Wells Fargo Bank is still around, most of the lost treasure legends I'd ever read through.....Wells Fargo was mentioned on plenty of stage coach robberies. I don't think the abandoned rule is going to work here, Mel Fisher used it in winning against the US Gov, but from what I've heard......they fixed that so nobody can try to use "abandoned treasure rule" again.

Once the state of Florida sued a family for millions of dollars, because of a treasure chest found on their property. All the state needed to do is accuse them of holding back a part of the treasure.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Red Fox 4

Red Fox 4

Mar 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you guy's and thank you Art. That's crazy that you live near where Dillinger used to hang out Red Desert. There's probably all kinds of neat stuff in that area on the pics I had posted and it's pretty big too so I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't some gold or artifacts out there as-well. I should go ask my uncle if I can borrow his metal detector and go out there with it. I've never used one before (except maybe when I was like 7 or 8) but from what I read metal detector's can detect gold and silver as well as your average everyday metal's.

Last edited:

okiedowser

Dec 26, 2009
Mena,Ar
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only found 2 caches on the picture's,one place is dead center with art place and this one. BankLoot7.JPG

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I might take a check on the map, soon as I get time, there could be some good metal detecting spots.

I've read a few stories in treasure hunting magazines and research material over the years about Dillinger. The Blue Lake near Churubusco, indiana think I'd found the info in supposed to be reliable treasure hunting research atlas. Not sure how accurate all the information is, FBI has a lot of info on their website.

FBI ? John Dillinger

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didn't get any paper currency on this map. Can't seem to get anything yet, for outlaws or any type Bandidoes.

Red outline circles for places to check metal detecting, for mostly loose coins/treasure or artifacts of value, from surface down to 1-2 feet deep.
Green in general is a color indicator, I use for various other targets mostly archaeological (old ruins or foundations but especially those non-metallic objects such as Indian flints, glass, pottery, carved stone with treasure signs).

Attachments

• BankLoot8-Red Fox 4.JPG
    BankLoot8-Red Fox 4.JPG
    22.9 KB · Views: 862
Last edited:
OP
OP
Red Fox 4

Red Fox 4

Mar 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
I got a hit for paper money right where Art and Okie had gotten hit's for loot. Thank you for dowsing those other spots btw Red Desert. Also, how does one detect the depth of a cache exactly? That is something I haven't learned yet but would really like to. Here is the exact spot of where I had dowsed for a cache of bank robbery loot. It's funny because in the other quadrants that we're around it it wouldn't give me a yes or no answer it would give me the DWS (don't want to say). I don't know why it does that but that would be interesting to learn why it gives me that sometimes instead of a solid yes or no. If anyone want's to check the pic it will probably be the last one I will be posting in this thread and I would be very happy to get some feedback on it as it is as close as I can get to it on GE. Lost one of my L-rods today in the field today. Tried to use my other to locate it but simply couldn't find it. I have a long way to go with the L-rods and even today again it gave me three separate spots in the same location (granted I had only had my left rod). Frustrating to say the least because when I ask for other thing's like 'in which direction is my car parked' or 'where did I leave my back pack' I have absolutely no problems.

BankLoot12.JPG

Last edited:

okiedowser

Dec 26, 2009
Mena,Ar
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a hit for paper money right where Art and Okie had gotten hit's for loot. Thank you for dowsing those other spots btw Red Desert. Also, how does one detect the depth of a cache exactly? That is something I haven't learned yet but would really like to. Here is the exact spot of where I had dowsed for a cache of bank robbery loot. It's funny because in the other quadrants that we're around it it wouldn't give me a yes or no answer it would give me the DWS (don't want to say). I don't know why it does that but that would be interesting to learn why it gives me that sometimes instead of a solid yes or no. If anyone want's to check the pic it will probably be the last one I will be posting in this thread and I would be very happy to get some feedback on it as it is as close as I can get to it on GE. Lost one of my L-rods today in the field today. Tried to use my other to locate it but simply couldn't find it. I have a long way to go with the L-rods and even today again it gave me three separate spots in the same location (granted I had only had my left rod). Frustrating to say the least because when I ask for other thing's like 'in which direction is my car parked' or 'where did I leave my back pack' I have absolutely no problems.

View attachment 1129740

​This target site .......is a gold and silver cache (no paper money).......the one i get where art hit... yes i get paper money there,and gold and silver to.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
When in the field the object will have a ring around it that comes to the surface a 45 degree angle.. Stand on the object and slowly inch away from it. When the rods start to open mark that spot. Now move away more and the rods will open .When they close again mark that spot and the distance between the two marked spots are the depth. You may have to make some adjustments as my rods are at the second mark when the tips are one inch apart...Art

Depth.gif

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I saved the map, forgot to click first, so image was very small. I'll need to do the main map again.

I didn't say that there wasn't anything buried on these maps, only wasn't able to get a hit for stolen or robbery loot. Mason jar caches in desert SW states, could have silver and/or gold certificates which are going to give a paper currency signal. I'll have to check the full size map and zoomed in maps later.

OP
OP
Red Fox 4

Red Fox 4

Mar 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Gold and silver caches? THAT IS AWESOME (and probably a lot safer than finding robbery loot)! Yes, Art I had been reading on your want to try dousing thread but had not gotten to the part on it talking about depth detection before i had posted (thank you for that illustration). I had studied your thread late last night. Methinks that if it is gold and or silver a metal detector would be of much help in the matter as-well which makes me so happy and will probably cut down my work load on zeroing in on site but I guess my uncle doesnt have one and I thought that he did : ( I still have to track down that cache that art is talking about near the one Okie had confirmed and I had marked the X. I had taken them for the same one but I guess there are in fact two different caches. Here is a close-up of the spot Art had marked if anyone wants to help me zero in on the second cache (considering I will not have a metal detector) with me. I'll have to do it by site and L-rod. At least I know it is to the east of the other cache.
GoldandSilverCaches.JPG

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a good hit right away, can't say if this is the signal you wanted.....but we'll find out.

Attachments

• GoldandSilverCaches)-Red Fox 4.JPG
    GoldandSilverCaches)-Red Fox 4.JPG
    383.4 KB · Views: 151

okiedowser

Dec 26, 2009
Mena,Ar
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
its the same place on close up where red marked.....i use a pendulum for map work and i can a little closer with it..............................but trying to find it might be a little trouble,you best bet would be get to this spot, and take a camera with you and take pictures, sense you don't have a metal detector. GoldandSilverCaches)-Red Fox 4.JPG

OP
OP
Red Fox 4

Red Fox 4

Mar 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
I do not own a working camera Okie. My phone doesn't have a camera either. The best I can do s get you a close up of it on GE and then maybe another from there if need be. The second picture is a close up of the spot near the water where it had been mentioned there was a gold and or silver cache. I would assume this to mean that it had been put there by man and is not simply an area containing native gold and or silver. Could you please proof check that picture for me please Okie and or Red Desert to make sure that I had placed my marker in the right spot (the yellow X from the picture on page 1 of this thread). I would really appreciate that so I'm not out there all day digging and then getting frustrated as my rods lead me to one spot after the next. Thank you Thank you.

cache1.JPG

cache2.JPG

Last edited:

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
Yet. any awards garnered in a succesfull law suit are generally considered tax exempt, It just goes to show you where our lawmakers values lie.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
gold and silver coins got no serial numbers --unlike "paper money" thus its a better to find gold and silver caches than paper money -- since often the stolen paper money's numbers are on record some where --thus totally unspendible without red flags going up ...

OP
OP
Red Fox 4

Red Fox 4

Mar 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you for that advice Ivan and I had been thinking about that since yesterday a-lot so when Okie and Red had told me that they had gotten hits for silver and gold caches my mind was much more at ease. If the catches contain gold and silver then most likely any paper money that would be there would be really old (historical) and not a problem in obtaining (that is my take anyway). It would be a pain in the but having to turn in modern cash and it would be just plain be scary to keep or spend it. I hope to find some gold and or silver coins or bullion (in those spot's that we're listed) very soon so that I can continue to fund this new treasure hunting passion of mine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread