mamabear
Silver Member
- Joined
- Feb 21, 2008
- Messages
- 3,075
- Reaction score
- 869
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- SE Missouri
- Detector(s) used
- garage sale oldie
- Primary Interest:
- Other
- #1
Thread Owner
I know of several abandoned tracks with the rails gone have walked a bit of it, but there was a lot of trash. I actually found the site of a train wreck in 1903. would it be worthwhile to go over this? It's on private property & think I could get permission. there are miles of these tracks here in MO. a lot of the stone bridges are still standing. (with the tracks gone) How do you find where they camped? I would think places where they had to build the bridges would have taken time & possibly be a good site for a camp?







