What's new

🥇 BANNER Absolute find of a lifetime: 1786 New York NON VI VIRTUTE VICI

CrazySlasher

Hero Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2010
Messages
735
Reaction score
96
Golden Thread
1
Location
SS of MA.
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab E-Trac w/Sunray probe and 15' WoTcoil.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm still in absolute shock. I went out to place that I've been to dozens and have done really well. After digging a bunch of junk targets and a WWII button I decided to try the other side of the area where I've never had any luck. Previously I'd only dug trash targets out of there. But today I noticed a stonewall that I hadn't seen before. After a few minutes I got a strong signal and almost passed it over because of all the trash of my previous times being out there. Out popped this copper. I knew it was different and that I had seen it before but I wasn't sure what it was. I texted a friend the picture and that I thought it might be a bust of George Washington. When I got home I looked it up and almost felt faint. I remembered looking at it before and not thinking much of it because I assumed I would never find one. I will be going back tomorrow and spending the day there. I have no cleaned it and haven't really handled it. The first picture was when it was fresh out of the ground.
 

Attachments

  • 12.webp
    12.webp
    260.3 KB · Views: 1,847
  • 13.webp
    13.webp
    101 KB · Views: 1,781
  • 14.webp
    14.webp
    145.4 KB · Views: 1,517
Just wanted to give an update that the coin was sold this weekend.

Well I hope you got a nice chunk of change

Dig until your arm falls off
 
Brilliant news CrazySlasher, was it through Heritage Auctions?
 
Absolutely amazing discovery. An inspiration for all of us! Huge congrats!
 
CONGRATS again on a AWESOME COIN and the sale of the coin too :occasion14:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom