What's new

Absurd bird strange silver ring thing.....

Bushido Dude

Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2005
Messages
304
Reaction score
16
Golden Thread
0
Location
Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know the name of the game....what is it?!?!?
 

Attachments

  • silverthing2.webp
    silverthing2.webp
    10.9 KB · Views: 815
  • silverthing3.webp
    silverthing3.webp
    11 KB · Views: 808
One and three quarter inches or so in length, looks to be silver, possible 925 mark on the back left side. TINY though, up for debate. Very thin, seems almost like a ring that has been flattened out. Bezjo found it today. I took the pictures to toss them up for discussion. He took it home so I cannot load anymore images for the time being.
 
Upvote 0
When you can take more images, it would be better to not use such a light background. Color balance is a problem. If you use something dark, the true color - silver - will show up much better. Also try to blow-up the silver mark if you can.

My guess is that it is a decorative band. Wrapped around something to make it look more impressive. Even like a cigar.

Daryl
 
Upvote 0
:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: Chicken hawk Bugs Bunny cartoons!!!! :laughing7:
Sorry i really don't know!!!!
 
Upvote 0
decorative emblem, tabs go thru grommets and then are folded over to hold in place. maybe found on a hat or some similar article
 
Upvote 0
Are you sure it is silver? It looks like a carnival prize ring. The one-size-fits-all, bend to fit type. I remember getting those at the elementary school "Spring Fling" fun nights when I was a kid in the early 60's.

If it is indeed silver, that's a different story...

DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
Agree with Matt......wrap it around your finger. If it bends easily around your finger...it's aluminum
 
Upvote 0
Cigar band gets my vote. :)
 
Upvote 0
Here is two more pictures.
 

Attachments

  • DSCN0462.webp
    DSCN0462.webp
    96.3 KB · Views: 634
  • DSCN0461.webp
    DSCN0461.webp
    101.9 KB · Views: 625
Upvote 0
Dano Sverige said:
Cigar band gets my vote. :)
thats a good suggestion I would not have considered, maybe someone needs to research this option :hello2:
 
Upvote 0
I am leaning towards a carnival prize. Don't see much like this anymore but my days of hanging around the gumball machines are long gone so I can't guess on whether it modern or vintage.
 
Upvote 0
No only reason that I am leaning towards ring instead of cigar bands is I have looked through a bunch of cigar band web sites and I din't see any bands with both ends typical...small and rounded.
 
Upvote 0
Im leaning towards gumball ring.
 
Upvote 0
I have a similar ring in aluminum, except mine has a batter on it and says New York yankees on the sides..........NGE
 
Upvote 0
The answer is on the pigeon look at its ankles its a pigeon bracelet the slide lock is missing on one end
 
Upvote 0
Bushido Dude said:
You know the name of the game....what is it?!?!?

No certainty.

.925 stands for sterling silver, or 925 fine silver, a purity associated with England and early New England.

Bird looks similar to Colonial Coin eagle representations. Flanges suggest it could have been worn as an emblem in a hat or case.
 
Upvote 0

Attachments

  • silvertfhing2.webp
    silvertfhing2.webp
    10.1 KB · Views: 247
Upvote 0
While not a match, here is a gumball prize childs ring. You can see the same type of adjustable shank.
 

Attachments

  • ring gumball prize.webp
    ring gumball prize.webp
    4.6 KB · Views: 234
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom