ace 150

mike1

May 21, 2013
north liberty indana
Detector(s) used
ace 150
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i have a ace 150 the coil says its water proof but i didnt want to test for fear of it shorting out is it truely waterproof? how accurate is it? it seems i have to dig big holes and sometimes i hit ghost holes where there is nothing. i get coins but so far i never got any rings is it possible to find a catch of coins with this one or is this one mostly for coins and junk it seems i find lotsa ptabs and garbage i dont like ptabs.

Upvote 0

JSMITH

Feb 23, 2013
Idaho
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO,Garrett Ace 250,Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes it is a waterproof coil. As for diggin big holes, the 150 does not have a pinpoint feature so it is a little difficult. If the area isn't too trashy you can pinpoint by sweeping your coil side to side and backwards at the same time until the target dissapears. If done correctly the target should be right off the front tip of the coil. As for pulltabs and garbage......it a part of the hobby. Even the most seasoned of veterans deal with it. HH!

Last edited:

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I agree with JSMITH, but with practice you should get better at locating your targets. I think soon you will be looking to upgrade your detector though. It happens to all of us!

adaminnh

Oct 8, 2012
Franklin new Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Ace 150
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I started out with a 150. I struggled with pinpointing with it my first several hours. Best advice I can offer is do the cross pattern sweeping not too fast or too slow. While sweeping and looking at the ground through the coil to see the approx area where it beeps, glance over at the depth indicater real fast and eye really quickly on the ground(through the coil) where the target reads shallowest. That will put you right on my target my friend. You will find some cool stuff with yours. Hunt in jewlery mode with a high sensitivity level if conditions allow. You will of course dig a lot of trash. People have been littering since forever. But amid the trash lies history and well, cha-ching stuff. Actually, now that I think about it, detecting sucks. Quit. Take up whittleing wood. Just kidding. More compitition. Hope this helps.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread