R
robert roy
Guest
Re: Ace 250 owners - Location is everything?
They say location is everything. Maybe that applies to Metal Detectors as well. I guess I am lucky because I live in an area wnere mineralization is not a big issue ( except at some sports fields where red iron dirt seems to have been trucked in and added to the ball fields). What IS wierd is where my MXT gets lots of Hot Rock readings (I don't have the 6x10DD coil yet) my Ace 250 doesn't seem to be bothered by it. Now that IS strange.
I can honestly say that location is probably the issue here. There are some regions where the Ace and other preset detectors are NOT going to do well, but be just fine in others. Remember, the Ace 250 was not designed as a high end machine. I can also say that I have almost NEVER had a problem with the Ace.
From what I have read, I probably would not take it to the beach as some black sand areas are worse than others. Have not tried it yet at a fresh water beach. My best guess is that its not the machine, its the location the machine is being used.
Regards
Robert R
They say location is everything. Maybe that applies to Metal Detectors as well. I guess I am lucky because I live in an area wnere mineralization is not a big issue ( except at some sports fields where red iron dirt seems to have been trucked in and added to the ball fields). What IS wierd is where my MXT gets lots of Hot Rock readings (I don't have the 6x10DD coil yet) my Ace 250 doesn't seem to be bothered by it. Now that IS strange.
I can honestly say that location is probably the issue here. There are some regions where the Ace and other preset detectors are NOT going to do well, but be just fine in others. Remember, the Ace 250 was not designed as a high end machine. I can also say that I have almost NEVER had a problem with the Ace.
From what I have read, I probably would not take it to the beach as some black sand areas are worse than others. Have not tried it yet at a fresh water beach. My best guess is that its not the machine, its the location the machine is being used.
Regards
Robert R
Hmm I thought, I know that the shafts are not reported with a signal because they move at the same speed as the coil is swung, and even that isn't really true if you think about it since they are on different planes. But none the less I had to wonder what Kind of effect does the Metal shaft on a MD have. So The ace was handy and my least expensive detector except for a BH, but I worried about taking the BH apart because it already has a sensitive wire so to speak. So I took the coil off the shaft of the Ace and hand held it for an air test. I'd like to know what results others might get before I say what I think I got. 









