3.9 KB · Views: 206
  • question.jpg
    question.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 208
  • help.jpg
    help.jpg
    1.4 KB · Views: 206
Upvote 0
I must say that you are comparing apples to oranges! With a list price of $799.95 for the MXT and $899.95 for the XLT, they don't compare with the $249.99 for the Ace 250! However, for the most bang for the buck, I would still recommend the Ace 250! As a fantastic full-featured MD, The Ace has many of the same toys on it as those "High-end" machines without the extra cost. If they were all the same price, I would re-evauate based on how and where it would be used. HH omnicognic 8)

In my opinion here is what you should do since you have not been MD'ing very long: Buy the ACE 250, that way if for some reason you lose interest in this fine hobby then your not out $800 or more then later on after you learn the ins and outs of MD'ing then think about upgrading. Are you married??? If so think about how much the wife will raise hell if you spent that kind of money. Just my 2 cents. I have the 250 and its a great machine

MXT is a nice multi - use machine, but your not presently near the beach or the gold fields. So I'd have to ask you , what do you feel your not getting out of the BH at this time ?? I know from your posts you have had it for a couple months now, unless there is a lot of competition in the area there should still be finds for the BH ?? Anyone you could get to let you re-hunt a spot with a mxt after the BH for a compairson??

Yes, it is like comparing apples and oranges so, to make a better fruit salad i'll throw in a pear- Minelab ExplorerII w/ Sunray X-1 probe, yep its lots of dough but it is awesome and worth itI

I love White's machines but its the DFX or nuttin for White's (unless your going for gold only) And some even say the DFX falls a little short when compared to the ExII, they are different machines and each has their particular advantages but as far as top of the line they rock.

I saved for months to get my machines (XLpro w/6 coils-which i sold since getting the minelab & ExII/Minelab).

The ExplorerII is magical in places where the DFX works great. I've seen some pros hunt side by side with each machine and the Explorers depth when tuned correctly(wide open-stock coil) can't be touched by the DFX(wide open, tuned corerectly-stock coil).

I don't sell detectors and I encourage you to test detectors side by side with an impartial person or friends/folks from forums who group hunt & who are willing to call targets or have a test garden which has been aged properly. You'll hopefully be able to select the detector that works best with you.

Hey Mud, I agree with others on this. Its not really fair to compare these detectors together. The Whites DFX is considered top of the line and offers many features the other two do not. The MXT is mainly a coin/relic/gold detector and the ACE250 is a "entry level" detector which I own and has many features comparable but useful for different reasons. I moved up from a Radio Shack Discovery 2000 (BH lone star) and feel I moved the right direction. It all boils down to how much you want to spend, and what you mainly are going to detect for. Most importantly have fun and don't spend money on a detector you don't need. I live in the same area as you and we have a short season do detect. Keep this in mind as well. Good luck with your decision.
HH All
Greg

Since you have the BH, I would say, bypass the ACE 250. You would only be going from entry level to entry level. To upgrade, it would have to be the XLT or MXT. HH

? ? ?Don't know about the Ace. But if you will be strictly coin shooting and very accurate VDI is important to you? and you'd like the versitility of custom programs the XLT is the one you want. The MXT is more sensitive to very small and lower conductive targets like SMALL gold jewely and nuggets. And unfortunatly small pieces of foil and aluminum. The MXT does not "average" it's recieve signal with every sweep of the coil so on deep targets or good targets next to trash it will not lock on. But that's an advantage to FINDING the good near the bad in the first place. You just don't know what the good is. MXT's battery life is more than twice as long as the XLT's. 15 hours for XLT, 40 hours for MXT. Only 80% sure about the actuall hours for the XLT.
? ? ?If you're thinking of upgrading check out the IDX Pro. Lists for around $500.00. Will accept many different size coils. Very accurate ID. A real coin finder! Does not have depth meter or audible threshold. IDX Pro was the one I was going to get before I decided I wanted the 1/4 grain nugget finding ability of the MXT.
? ? Only my opinion. Others mileage may vary. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back