ace_350_page_3.jpg

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it just a 250 with a large coil on it? Are there any new circuit changes or does it have just a new face and bigger coil?

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bigtim1973 said:
Is it just a 250 with a large coil on it? Are there any new circuit changes or does it have just a new face and bigger coil?

And THAT is the million dollar question!!

slowNsteady

Mar 26, 2010
Broken Arrow, OK
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter, Fisher 1220 1225 F2 F4, BH Land Star, Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Vaquero
Obviously I personally have no way of knowing about the circuitry, but there are some definite improvements:

Ace 250
Frequency 6.5kHz
Iron segments 3

Ace 350
Frequency 8.25kHz
Iron segments 4
Zero mode is new
DD coil

They are saying there is enhanced iron resolution, so something's up there. I feel they made enough improvements to warrant a test drive. I personally felt the 250 was overrated and paled in comparison to some of its competition. The 350 should put it on a higher platform, largely because of the DD coil. Just my opinion.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Sounds like a detector i will get to try and could keep....

Attachments

• 192x235.jpg
    192x235.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 1,260
  • 192x235.jpg
    192x235.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 1,250
OP
OP
West Jersey Detecting

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
slowNsteady said:
Obviously I personally have no way of knowing about the circuitry, but there are some definite improvements:

Ace 250
Frequency 6.5kHz
Iron segments 3

Ace 350
Frequency 8.25kHz
Iron segments 4
Zero mode is new
DD coil

They are saying there is enhanced iron resolution, so something's up there. I feel they made enough improvements to warrant a test drive. I personally felt the 250 was overrated and paled in comparison to some of its competition. The 350 should put it on a higher platform, largely because of the DD coil. Just my opinion.

I think the DD coil may be an improvement over the "elliptical" coil on the 250. To be honest I thought the elliptical coil was a DD. The higher frequency makes the 350 potentially more sensitive to gold, but it should still be a good coin unit as well. Also the higher frequency may allow a higher sensitivity without EMI.

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shortstack said:
bigtim1973 said:

And THAT is the million dollar question!!

LMAO!!! Really!!!

OP
OP
West Jersey Detecting

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
SkiWhiz said:
Probably has that annoying belltone sound like the 250 & delayed recovery time.

I had an Ace 250 and I found it to have a fast recovery time; too fast for my liking!

slowNsteady

Mar 26, 2010
Broken Arrow, OK
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter, Fisher 1220 1225 F2 F4, BH Land Star, Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Vaquero
The belltone is the feature I hate most about the 250. The slow sweep speed is second, and the coil weight is third. I don't think any of these are addressed with the 350, but I still might like to try it. On the fence here. Looks like the old 250 coils will be interchangeable. Don't know.... still on the fence.

battlecat

Dec 23, 2004
moosic pa
slowNsteady said:
The belltone is the feature I hate most about the 250. The slow sweep speed is second, and the coil weight is third. I don't think any of these are addressed with the 350, but I still might like to try it. On the fence here. Looks like the old 250 coils will be interchangeable. Don't know.... still on the fence.

Thanks you just verified the slow sweep needed, part of the problem I was having I suppose. I need to slow down the next time I take mine out.

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
SkiWhiz said:
Probably has that annoying belltone sound like the 250 & delayed recovery time.

I am not sure where this slow recovery time issue came from. I have heard many people comment the complete opposite. I have actually set up multiple targets spaced apart, ran the coil over them and was quite impressed at the recovery time. It is faster then the older Garretts. Is it the fastest out there? I doubt it. If you are swinging your detector at sound breaking barrier speeds, you are missing a lot of ground, missing very tiny or deep targets and not optimizaing your hunting capabilities, no matter what you are swinging. Whipping your coil = less good finds! :happy2:

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
The slow recovery time is the main reason I upgraded. It would take several seconds for it to read another signal. I always felt I was missing stuff, especially in competitions. I love the ace though and still think it is a great machine.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
slowNsteady said:
slowNsteady your name shows that you don't like fast recovery but slow-N-steady recovery speed...................I never thought of the 250 as slow.. but then i did use minelabs so after that........ any thing would be fast recovery........ For there is nothing slower on recovery than minelab...... I never had a problem with the 250 seemed fast enought for me........

Attachments

• !!d59UFwBmM~$(KGrHqQH-CIEsJ)wlqBrBLF+5ET(f!~~_26.jpg
    !!d59UFwBmM~$(KGrHqQH-CIEsJ)wlqBrBLF+5ET(f!~~_26.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 1,157
  • !!d59UFwBmM~$(KGrHqQH-CIEsJ)wlqBrBLF+5ET(f!~~_26.jpg
    !!d59UFwBmM~$(KGrHqQH-CIEsJ)wlqBrBLF+5ET(f!~~_26.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 1,156

slowNsteady

Mar 26, 2010
Broken Arrow, OK
Detector(s) used
Hi Keppy!
Well, I'm a slow mover for sure, but I like to work areas that have a high trash content. What I've noticed about the Ace, is that the sweep speed has to be super slow, or the belltone is still ringing when I cross another target and it tends to confuse the machine. In all honesty I am trying to get a 4.5" coil and that will probably help quite a bit. Never used a Minelab, but the Bounty Hunters have a slow responce time too. The Ace is quicker than those for sure. I'm just too used to using Fishers, and am basing my opinions on that. The Fishers have a crisp tone and like a faster sweep than other brands. Honestly, I'm still trying to learn the quirks of the Ace. I still can't get over the heavy feel of it. There is a member who made a great looking cuff extension for the Ace, and I'm trying to get ahold of one. It's suppose to help balance it out better.

OP
OP
West Jersey Detecting

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
slowNsteady said:
Hi Keppy!
Well, I'm a slow mover for sure, but I like to work areas that have a high trash content. What I've noticed about the Ace, is that the sweep speed has to be super slow, or the belltone is still ringing when I cross another target and it tends to confuse the machine. In all honesty I am trying to get a 4.5" coil and that will probably help quite a bit. Never used a Minelab, but the Bounty Hunters have a slow responce time too. The Ace is quicker than those for sure. I'm just too used to using Fishers, and am basing my opinions on that. The Fishers have a crisp tone and like a faster sweep than other brands. Honestly, I'm still trying to learn the quirks of the Ace. I still can't get over the heavy feel of it. There is a member who made a great looking cuff extension for the Ace, and I'm trying to get ahold of one. It's suppose to help balance it out better.

I think it may be time for you to move up to a detector with adjustable sweep speed & recovery speed (such as the Whites DFX) or at least adjustable filters which can change the response time.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
slowNsteady said:
Hi Keppy!
slowNsteady......... there is a cuff extension for the 250 on ebay...... go to ebay and type in... garrett cuff extension.........

Attachments

• !BuZJ8eQCGk~$(KGrHqUOKiEEvNzjgwz3BM!Hd)sORg~~_3.jpg
    !BuZJ8eQCGk~$(KGrHqUOKiEEvNzjgwz3BM!Hd)sORg~~_3.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 1,128

slowNsteady

Mar 26, 2010
Broken Arrow, OK
Detector(s) used
One is on the way! Years ago before my back went south, a little thing like a good solid coil did not bother me. Now... not the case. Isn't getting older fun?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread