Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker 2 - My eyes
I go to funerals all the time even if I do not know the person, 9 times out of 10 they have a huge meal afterwards.

:tongue3: Just kidding, I would never do such a thing.

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is nothing wrong with that if you wanted to do it.. Just remember during the meal to say something nice about the deceased. You may even want to consider making a toast during the meal.. That way you'll fit right in :icon_thumleft:

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Went to a bar in KC that I used to go to all the time for pool tournaments about 15 years ago...lets just say that the clientele had changed significantly. I ended up staying and playing pool for a couple hours and a few beers anyway. And yes---I went home alone, thank God :help:

S

stefen

I especially like the shrimp cocktails served at a Bris...its those little things that brings people together ::)

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A short list of examples I have done.

Sat in various seminars, when asked for my name tag I just told them I went out for a cigarette and left on the chair so I won't lose my good seat.

During one of the largest reenactments at Gettysburg in the early 90's, I was holding one camera and had 2 others strapped on me carrying a large camera bag a accessories and just said press. Got front row in the VIP section. I have some really excellent shots and may post them once I scan them. It looks like I as walking in-between the participants.

Several parties as well... Never a wedding, nothing much happening there :laughing7:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
other then attending Parties free
(Biker Parties, Beer Fests, Pig Roasts etc.)
just by walking in,

I got in to see the Guess who Free
Just by walking in a unlocked door
and sitting down. was mistaken for part of the
crew even though I didn't have to do anything.
but Eat, Drink, & Party
(They probably thought about Firing Me)

Can't remember any others at this time

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I won some Eagles tickets last year. Me and my buddy walked right into the VIP tent and dined on lobster, shrimp & beers! :laughing7:

Good time and the Eagle won.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I'm a bit of a loner so I usually avoid crowds, but once I needed some good horse pictures for a project so I made up a Press pass badge and vehicle sign. I drove up to the VIP lot entrance at a swanky steeplechase and presented my ID. The state trooper waved me thru. I then walked thru the press entrance and onto the center of the chase field. I got shots of the chase from about 20' away. I have that most police don't know what a press pass looks like.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread