VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
With Josh working and Doug’s daughter from Texas visiting today, I made a solo return trip to one leg of the U.S. Civil War Infantry camp Triangle and hunted the North camp where I dug 5 dropped bullets last Monday. I dug a dropped .58 and .69 to add to the box from Triangle camp #1. I consolidated my relics from Camp #1 and #3 into one box as shown. The Tennessee Trio recovered 232 relics from triangle Camp #2 in 2014 as it was previously undiscovered. Thanks for looking, Q.
Watch for my article “One Relic short of 500” in the May issue of W & E Treasures Magazine. See Doug standing in a rifle pit-LOL.

Attachments

• DSCN1550.JPG
    DSCN1550.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 91
  • DSCN1554.JPG
    DSCN1554.JPG
    513.1 KB · Views: 114
Upvote 10
OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Attachments

• DSCN1403.JPG
    DSCN1403.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 130

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WAF, the answer is "Have a woodworking friend build heavy duty cabinets to keep them in"-LOL. Thanks WAF & HH, Q.

Yep! That'll do it! Looks like you'll be ready to open up a shop when the black powder revolution comes back into style.

Say! Maybe you can tell me. Something about the "musket balls" I found in my last post? I can't tell a modern lead ball from an antique. (except for a solid white patina). :)

Nice set up!

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yep! That'll do it! Looks like you'll be ready to open up a shop when the black powder revolution comes back into style.

Say! Maybe you can tell me. Something about the "musket balls" I found in my last post? I can't tell a modern lead ball from an antique. (except for a solid white patina). :)

Nice set up!
I saw them earlier and when I started muzzleloader hunting for deer in the 1970s, We never used the balls-only conical bullets. People who used balls shot .45, 50, and .54 cal. balls. The .69s and larger were Rev. War & CW. It takes several years to achieve the lead oxide patina. Check the ball caliber. I'm certainly no weapons authority. HH, Q.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great, great hunt. I bet the others wish they could have gone along. Thank you for your videos Mr. Q. I always enjoy them. Your comments are always welcomed too because of the amount of knowledge you share with us. Keep 'em coming.

Mark1985

Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
whites spectra v3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Way to go Quinn been a while but great video as always

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya know, Quindy, sometimes it makes me wonder. There are sooooo many dropped bullets out there from the Civil War! It makes me wonder how anybody ever won that war! LOL

I love the display!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread