What's new

Adjustable coils?

DetectorMoe

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2013
Messages
906
Reaction score
4,405
Golden Thread
1
Location
SouthEast North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Equinox800, ATpro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I been thinking and I thought why havent any Metal detector company came out with a two in one coil. A 11" coil that can turn in to a 9" or 6" coil.. Could that possible?
 
It was done in the 70's by Garrett on their BFOs. BFOs use a simple mono coil so a 2-in-1 is pretty easy. Not so with VLF, where the coils have to be carefully balanced.
 
It was done in the 70's by Garrett on their BFOs. BFOs use a simple mono coil so a 2-in-1 is pretty easy. Not so with VLF, where the coils have to be carefully balanced.

Wow in the 70s...
I think it can be done better in todays technology.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom