New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started out to hit a spot and try something I have been wanting to do, bottle hunt. Iv'e had a spot where I have been waiting to go, having been there before metal detecting I noticed a huge bottle dump with some of those old green thick coke bottles on top. I figured the older stuff would be deeper. Someone beat me there, I suspect a friend I took there to metal detect slipped up and ran his mouth, ha I know he took a buddy of his there while they were out riding their motor scooters. Loose lips sink ships. My dad always says, "your secret is safe with me, you only have to worry about what the people I tell say" Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa It's all good anyhow, there was nothing deep there, I spent allot of time with my glass probe, all surface glass, someone over the years must of dumped a couple three pickup loads there?
I left there and was going to go back to the cornfield and switched up, I headed to a farm where I knew there was soybean that was underwater the last time I was there. I spent a couple hours coming up with nothing but garbage and trash and was on the proverbial, "way back to the truck" when I got a nice sounding 93 four ways on my XP Deus. Out pops what I thought was a LC that I soon realized was an token. I was ten foot from the truck!

Enjoy the pix
HH & GL
Brad

20160405_130627.jpg 20160405_130648.jpg 20160405_141935.jpg 20160405_141952.jpg

Upvote 16
OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet token. I bet that signal sounded awesome.

Yes it did especially after all the trash I was listening to before I hit that target! Thanks

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great old token.

Love your Dad's saying. I'm definitely gonna' remember that one.

I like the old bottles too. I found a really nice Coke bottle last weekend that still has all of the paint. It looks to be from the 60's. That's not too old but it's in great shape.
I also found another really cool old cork top bottle at an abandoned old sawmill. I intend to go back with a shovel because I have one of those feelings about the spot.

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread