What's new

I Had A Most Unusual Day

tabman

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2011
Messages
2,309
Reaction score
7,255
Golden Thread
2
Location
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I detected a 1952 home this morning and right out of the gate I found a 1937 D Mercury dime (key date) with my F75DST. This was the opportunity that I was looking for. I put my F75DST back in the car since I had my silver coin for the day to keep my silver streak alive and got out my newly acquired Fisher CZ 70 Pro.

The CZ 70 Pro is way different than my F75DST, but not in a bad way, just different. It has 4 audio tones that are going to take me some time to get used too. The main thing that I noticed today was it's a really deep hitting detector.

I could swing the search coil a 6 to 8 inches above the ground on a 6 inch buried coin and still get a good ID. Another thing that I noticed nails next to a dime or a quarter don't seem to affect its ability to still give off a high tone. I dug a couple big nails and coins together from the same hole today.

I hit coin spill about 14 inches in circumference, the ID and audio tones were all over the place. The first coin that I popped was a 1906 Indian Head penny, the next was a 1941 Canadian 5 cent coin, then a 1898 Indian Head penny.

I swung my search coil over the area again and got a nickel audio tone and reading. The house/subdivision is built on a old plantation site and I was hoping for a gold coin. No such luck, it turned out to be a tax token.

I finished up the day finding a load of clad coins and 11 wheat pennies. One dig had 4 quarters stacked on top of one another. It's going to take me awhile to get the CZ figured out.

This was my 43rd hunt for the year and my silver coin total for the year now stands at 130. All done without getting skunked on a single hunt.

My F75DST detector settings: 9.0, Sensitivity 85, DE Mode, 3H Tones, Disc Level 0, GB 63.

tabman

F75DST%201937d%20Mercury%20Dime%20002_zpsbicz6xrp.jpg


F75DST%201937d%20Mercury%20Dime%20004_zpsmikzdruf.jpg


F75DST%201937d%20Mercury%20Dime%20011_zps0yi1q0p5.jpg


F75DST%201937d%20Mercury%20Dime%20013_zpsub3quon2.jpg


F75DST%201937d%20Mercury%20Dime%20015_zpsvabywy3v.jpg


F75DST%201937d%20Mercury%20Dime%20009_zpsm1us3pb5.jpg


F75DST%201937d%20Mercury%20Dime%20005_zpsoenkn082.jpg
 
Upvote 38
Nice finds Tabman! I tend to overlook homes built past 1940... next time I have the opportunity to hunt one, I'll be all over it
 
Nice hit on those Indians and tax tokens! You're keeping that streak alive...wonder if you can hit 200 before it's over!
 
Very nice . Congrats
 
Cool tax token, congrats!
 
You got a sprinkling of everything there!! Very nice finds you made!!
 
That's a lot of digging. Loads of targets go get em hh gl
 
Thanks everyone! I hope my luck holds out.

tabman
 
Very nice finds. I like that tax token.
 
Nice silver. I see I am not the only one that finds hose nozzles. Congrats on the injuns also.
 
Nice - Love the "Assortment" finds!!!! Cool Tax token.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom