juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
O.K. everyone I am getting nagged to death to post this and see what we can come up with. I am well aware that there are plenty of Civil War sites north of Atlanta. My brother is new to detecting and wants to try a family outing where we stand a chance of finding something civil war related. My question is this. Is there anyone out there that is willing to volunteer any information or possibly let us join you on a hunt? My brother is stationed here at Fort Gordon but my stay here in Georgia is limited. In the near future I will be returning to Washington State. I figure maybe if we knock a few ideas around with the help of fellow T-Netters we might come up with something. The way I see it a closed mouth don't get fed. So the only way to see what will happen is to ask. Luck in the hunt.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

ju ju all civil war sites you can't hunt ga. law. if you get permission to hunt private land you can. i live in south ga.

i would love to hunt with you. i don't of a place we could go to now. best of luck. try to find a metal detecting

club in the area and see what they say. good luck.

kdismuke1 said:
ju ju all civil war sites you can't hunt ga. law. if you get permission to hunt private land you can. i live in south ga.

i would love to hunt with you. i don't of a place we could go to now. best of luck. try to find a metal detecting

club in the area and see what they say. good luck.
Thanks for the reply. I knew you couldn't hunt actual civil war sites but was hoping someone might have a private property field or the like to volunteer. I was on the other hand turned onto some north Georgia clubs that we are looking into. Unfortunately my time here in Ga. is ending soon. But I do plan a return trip next year. I have hunted a few of the parks in Augusta and found a few wheaties but thats it. The oldest being 1918. Luck in the hunt.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

I know a few good areas around Dallas, GA found several buttons and bullets. Took me lots off time and research to identify the rights spots. There are tons of trenchworks but only few areas produce results. It tooks hours and hours of leg work and research to identify these locations. It may not be long before homes are built over the tops so there is little time on these areas. PM if intrrested

Last edited:
Hi IHATEPOISIONIVY , I have found several nice relics in the Dallas area years ago. I have good maps but getting permission is always the hard thing to get. If you have permission on some good sites, let me know and 'A hunting we will GO !!!"
Thanks, Relic King

I know a few good areas around Dallas, GA found several buttons and bullets. Took me lots off time and research to identify the rights spots. There are tons of trenchworks but only few areas produce results. For a little cashola I will give you some coordinates you can plug to google earth, you will be impressed. It tooks hours and hours of leg work and research to identify these locations. It may not be long before homes are built over the tops so there is little time on these areas. PM if intrrested

What kind of Buttons Did You Find "Confederate "?
Hows 10 bucks sound? (for directions , & property owners names)
& $20-$40 With Written (Verifiable) Land Owner Permission W/ At least 2 full Days to hunt.
Pm Me
Davers

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back