What's new

Advice on box of 2001-Ds?

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2009
Messages
2,260
Reaction score
31
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Advice on box of 2001-D's?

Got a box of uncirculated 2001-D's today. Haven't got a box of all new coins since 2003. What do you guys do with them? Dump them? Has anyone tried to sell their box on Feebay. I don't mind hold on to see if I could get a buyer but I need the funds to get my next boxes which frustrates me. I'm sure there's some nice business strikes in the rolls. I still have remants of a 2000-D box, I had from 10 years ago. I sold some a while back for $14.00 per roll on the 2000-D's. I no longer see bank wrapped 2000-D's on Feebay anymore but do see 2001-D's without any premium.

Any advice with this or should I just dump them.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Advice on box of 2001-D's?

You must of got them from Chase ;D. I got the same thing. Hopefully we will get through these new coins shortly.

I look at this as a good sign. The carrier is ordering from the FED instead of rolling their own.

HH and Merry Christmas.

65GT350
 
Re: Advice on box of 2001-D's?

Excuse the newbie question - why is it a good sign that they are ordering from the Fed?
 
Re: Advice on box of 2001-D's?

I also got two boxes of 2010-D Shields as well. From what I know, when they run low or out of circulated coins, they will order from the federal reserve which then sends them newly minted coins. For the halves, their last year was 2001-D so that's why we got them. Must mean there's a lot of other CRHers out there ordering or else they wouldn't be low.

It's odd but I like getting circulated ones even though there is a ton of work to go through them.
 
Re: Advice on box of 2001-D's?

Since you need the money for your next boxes, I'd just dump them. You MIGHT get a small premium from feeBay, but I doubt it would be enough to mess with...especially since you need the money. If you can wait a week or two for the cash, list them and see what happens. I once saw a bag of "Genuine Arkansas dirt - guaranteed unsearched for diamonds, gold, silver, or anything else" sell for about $5.95 if I remember correctly. ;D
 
Re: Advice on box of 2001-D's?

lahmejoon said:
Excuse the newbie question - why is it a good sign that they are ordering from the Fed?

I look at is as a good sign since the carrier needs to bring in more coins than they are getting from the banks they service. To me it says that the carrier's banks are not getting that many dumps so it can turn into a good source bank once we work through these new coins.

HH
65GT350
 
Re: Advice on box of 2001-D's?

I'd dump them. 2001's were made for circulation. There's tons of them out there
rileyboy
 
Re: Advice on box of 2001-D's?

I got a box yesterday that was loaded with bright shiny 1987's. Both P and D. It looks like they just came from the mint. I took out 2 rolls of each and stuck them in the dump bag. I don't sell on the auction site.
detect4au
 
Re: Advice on box of 2001-D's?

It seems like you can sell almost anything if you have a lot of them (the same item) for a slight premium on THE auction site... I had 31 solid rolls of bicentennial halves (various mint marks). They were going for a mere $12/roll but I decided it wasn't worth my time or headache dealing with selling them for such a small premium. I simply dumped them.
 
Re: Advice on box of 2001-D's?

We are not through these yet. I got another box yesterday that was solid 2001-D. Hopefully the New Year will be better.

HH,
65GT350
 
Re: Advice on box of 2001-D's?

detect4au said:
I got a box yesterday that was loaded with bright shiny 1987's. Both P and D. It looks like they just came from the mint. I took out 2 rolls of each and stuck them in the dump bag. I don't sell on the auction site.
detect4au

Isn't 1987 the year that halves were only made for mint sets :dontknow:
 
Re: Advice on box of 2001-D's?

65gt350 said:
We are not through these yet. I got another box yesterday that was solid 2001-D. Hopefully the New Year will be better.

HH,
65GT350

Off to the bank they went. I dumped them and told the bank employees that they should buy a couple rolls. They'll be worth a premium in 10 years but I can't just sit on them for that long. Got a couple boxes this week and they are all 2001-D's too. This maybe a good test to see how long it takes to go through a whole pallet of halves.
 
Re: Advice on box of 2001-D's?

legend76 said:
detect4au said:
I got a box yesterday that was loaded with bright shiny 1987's. Both P and D. It looks like they just came from the mint. I took out 2 rolls of each and stuck them in the dump bag. I don't sell on the auction site.
detect4au

Isn't 1987 the year that halves were only made for mint sets :dontknow:

Yes, they were only issued in Mint Sets. The coins in circulation were broken out of those sets. Here is a good link about them.

http://www.ngccoin.com/news/viewarticle.aspx?NewsletterNewsArticleID=470

HH,
65GT350
 
Re: Advice on box of 2001-D's?

It must be a good size pallet. I just got another box of mint fresh 2001-D. :(

HH
65GT350
 
Re: Advice on box of 2001-D's?

65gt350 said:
It must be a good size pallet. I just got another box of mint fresh 2001-D. :(

HH
65GT350

That's a skunk if I've ever seen one. Hopefully the next box will be better!
 
Re: Advice on box of 2001-D's?

65gt350 said:
It must be a good size pallet. I just got another box of mint fresh 2001-D. :(

HH
65GT350

Ditto
 
Re: Advice on box of 2001-D's?

Last week I didn't get a box full of 2001-D and I thought we were through with them but this week another brand new box of 2001-D. The box was numbered 5077.
 
Re: Advice on box of 2001-D's?

Oh great.. at least you got only one box of 2001-D's. I wouldn't want all 2001-D's like before.
 
Re: Advice on box of 2001-D's?

Haha, the month last year i did 51 boxes with only 10 keepers I had a run of 13 boxes in a row where every single coin was 1995 P. Now that being said I didnt even open 4 of the boxes after doing 9 where every single face up ender was 1995. I just couldnt open the last 4.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom