What's new

Advice on box of 2001-Ds?

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2009
Messages
2,260
Reaction score
31
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Advice on box of 2001-D's?

Got a box of uncirculated 2001-D's today. Haven't got a box of all new coins since 2003. What do you guys do with them? Dump them? Has anyone tried to sell their box on Feebay. I don't mind hold on to see if I could get a buyer but I need the funds to get my next boxes which frustrates me. I'm sure there's some nice business strikes in the rolls. I still have remants of a 2000-D box, I had from 10 years ago. I sold some a while back for $14.00 per roll on the 2000-D's. I no longer see bank wrapped 2000-D's on Feebay anymore but do see 2001-D's without any premium.

Any advice with this or should I just dump them.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Advice on box of 2001-D's?

SFBayArea said:
Oh great.. at least you got only one box of 2001-D's. I wouldn't want all 2001-D's like before.

Tom,

In other boxes I found your marks again this time dated 11/10 and are you marking your 2001-D with Red ink on the rims? I had half a box with almost all the 2001-D marked with red.

HH,
65GT350
 
Re: Advice on box of 2001-D's?

65gt350 said:
SFBayArea said:
Oh great.. at least you got only one box of 2001-D's. I wouldn't want all 2001-D's like before.

Tom,

In other boxes I found your marks again this time dated 11/10 and are you marking your 2001-D with Red ink on the rims? I had half a box with almost all the 2001-D marked with red.

HH,
65GT350

No.. I use blue ink only .. some other CRHer in the area is doing it.. I don't like to mark up uncirculated coins since some novice collector would like them. I mark ugly beat up worn coins from the 90's only. Guessing you didn't get any keepers from the half 2001-D box. It worries me the amount of CRHers in the area that they have to order from the FED for new coins. In a way, that's bad. I'm ok with a couple CRHers here and there like myself or you since we've been at it for a while but when there's too many, it's not good. Glad we're on opposite sides of the bay.. I hardly ever go to your side. I'm may resort to Coin Wars.. putting skunks into older rolls and writing 1964 on them or something like that and coercing tellers to give them to other CRHers. I know how I can get on a teller's good side now. :laughing7:

I dumped a box of pennies a couple weeks ago and the one teller said some old guy CRHer also asks for cents too. I told him to give the box to the other CRHer. The teller said he will since he didn't like the guy. I laughed and left.
 
Re: Advice on box of 2001-D's?

JD-GA said:
Haha, the month last year i did 51 boxes with only 10 keepers I had a run of 13 boxes in a row where every single coin was 1995 P. Now that being said I didnt even open 4 of the boxes after doing 9 where every single face up ender was 1995. I just couldnt open the last 4.

If I see a box of all new ones, I don't even open any of the rolls either. Although, part of me wonders if there's a high mint grade one in there like MS66 or MS67. I just don't think it's worth the work.
 
Re: Advice on box of 2001-D's?

SFBayArea said:
Got a box of uncirculated 2001-D's today. Haven't got a box of all new coins since 2003. What do you guys do with them? Dump them? Has anyone tried to sell their box on Feebay. I don't mind hold on to see if I could get a buyer but I need the funds to get my next boxes which frustrates me. I'm sure there's some nice business strikes in the rolls. I still have remants of a 2000-D box, I had from 10 years ago. I sold some a while back for $14.00 per roll on the 2000-D's. I no longer see bank wrapped 2000-D's on Feebay anymore but do see 2001-D's without any premium.

Any advice with this or should I just dump them.

I think you answered your own question. Keep a few for your album and dump the rest.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom