What's new

Advice please....

Smoogle

Hero Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2011
Messages
814
Reaction score
262
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Coast NSW.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Stavr Krepish II Scoop, Plugger Balanced Shaft.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi,
Saltwater environment find:
basically - what should I do to clean and ID it? what would it be made of? please leave a link as no doubt this has been asked before...
also it is very thin, pic is with an Ausiie Florin I also found on todays hunt - are some coins this thin??????
Thanks........
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2632.webp
    IMG_2632.webp
    5.7 KB · Views: 381
  • IMG_2630.webp
    IMG_2630.webp
    13.8 KB · Views: 427
  • IMG_2632.webp
    IMG_2632.webp
    5.7 KB · Views: 379
  • IMG_2630.webp
    IMG_2630.webp
    13.8 KB · Views: 423
Some are that thin, but I think that one is just corroded away. If it is, there is nothing you can really do for it.
 
Thanks I.cutler , yes stevemc suggested it has been bouncing around and getting "Thin", I pulled it from absolute beach bedrock after a significant storm eroded a beach near me ...... - weird thing is my eyes are just straining to make out features of a coin and I'm still optimistically curious........ it is perfectly round and under a penny diameter by about 1 - 2 mm evenly all around - of course if it did not start life as a thin coin - all features are lost.....
more treasure to us all :whip2:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom